Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have purchased two a6 blocks but both have different girdles on them. One is one solid piece and the other is multiple. Sort of like individual cast iron caps with an steel piece that goes across the top to keep them all together. Is this right or did someone use a different girdle for the block?

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok so here is a pic the one on top has multiple pieces and the bottom is one piece. I just took the bottom one out of a working engine so is the top girdle wrong?

I noticed that the oiling holes are different sizes also.. If you can't see it the bottom one is bigger..

·
Registered
honda/firebird form.
6,966 Posts
wondering if some one acually fabbed the original one to make it "multiple girdles"

·
Registered
91 CRX SI
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like it is two different types of material. The bottom portion is like a cast and the top aluminum. Not really sure but it is noticably heavier that the other..

·
The Great Weldini
91 civic
8,901 Posts
Ok so here is a pic the one on top has multiple pieces and the bottom is one piece. I just took the bottom one out of a working engine so is the top girdle wrong?

I noticed that the oiling holes are different sizes also.. If you can't see it the bottom one is bigger..
i was going to post this a while back when i had my engine aparts. cause i wanted to see the difference between the DOHC ZC and the D16a6. but i never got around taking a pic when i had them apart. but they look exactly like when i had the zc and the a6 apart.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
as for which one is better... i havnt heard of many girdles failing (actually i dont think ive ever heard of a girdle failing.. but have seen rods go through girdles.. hehe). id rock what ever one came with the block you plan to use.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts