Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the TWM shifters? I was looking at the really low one, the one that drops the knob like 3 inches. I was just wondering if anybody had any comments or complaints about them. It's probably either that or the Skunk2.

·
Registered
263 Posts
seanthomas said:
Has anyone had any experience with the TWM shifters? I was looking at the really low one, the one that drops the knob like 3 inches. I was just wondering if anybody had any comments or complaints about them. It's probably either that or the Skunk2.

i know somone with a EF SI that has some shortened shifter... (i personaly dont see why it matters.. i guess looks?) it shouldnt hurt anything. as long as its not a short throw shifter. all your basicly doing is shortening the highth of the shifter.

if your worried.. get it cheap on ebay, that way if its sucky, then its only a couple of bucks. :TU:

·
Registered
231 Posts
seanthomas said:
I use a skunk 2 short shift and i love and have had no problems with it or my tranny. You should really check out the huge argument about short shifters...its pretty ridiculous but i like mine and it has given me no problems. But ive never even heard of TWM but thats probably just cause i dont go around on the internet lookin for shifters. ;)

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Mainly, that arguement was about someone talking out his ass... Bone said that they dont hurt anything and he has worked on hundreds (thousands??) of trannys...

Edit: I just bought a Fidanza SS for $30 and it is awesome...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Richie_A_19 said:
Mainly, that arguement was about someone talking out his ass... Bone said that they dont hurt anything and he has worked on hundreds (thousands??) of trannys...

Edit: I just bought a Fidanza SS for $30 and it is awesome...
i dont understand why anyone would need a short throw shifter, if someone knew how to drive correctly, they could shift just as fast... one can o-n-l-y shift so fast without fucking shit up.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hatchkid96 said:
i dont understand why anyone would need a short throw shifter, if someone knew how to drive correctly, they could shift just as fast... one can o-n-l-y shift so fast without fucking shit up.
I loved the feel when i got my b&m short throw shifter installed. so much funner and easier to drive compared to the long ass throws a stock shifter has.

·
Registered
146 Posts
hatchkid96 said:
i guess if thats what you like. right on. i suppose if you dont like how stock shifters feel. they just never seemed to bother me.

Well the stock shifter never bothered me and i just decided one day to get a short throw shifter and i did. So now if i ever drive a car without a short throw shifter, it feels so weird and shitty. So after doin this, it makes me like my short shifter more.

·
Registered
88 ED6
5,511 Posts
If you want something just low; save your money and just cut the stock one.

For me, I like stock-height but with the shorter throw; but haven't found any shifters like that. Right now I have a Neuspeed which works alright. I'm thinking about buying a stock shifter and just extending the bottom.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, the look isn't the thing that I was really concerned with. It does look pretty cool, but on the TWM site, they're saying that it reduces throw by 55%. So, I'm not sure about the others... I know that the new corolla/celica guys have been raving about their shifters. I guess I'll just have to go for it and let everyone know what happens.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts