Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking into a twin loop muffler to run, i want to run a high flow cat also and a cheapie header, should i run something in between the cat and the twin loop i want it to sound good but still be semi quiet. another question, would a 2 inch exhaust benifit any or should i go ahead with 2.25"? mostly stock bolt on z6.

·
D-series SoCal Division
93' dx hatchback
659 Posts
I highly recommend a resonator between the cat and muffler. Without one it will sound raspy as hell.

2" piping will suffice with the D16Z6 engine and bolt-ons, but I personally would go 2.5" piping just in case you have future plans of going turbo.

·
Registered
93 EX Coupe
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, what type of resonator would any of you recommend? like size and such, and i do plan on turbo in the future but i think i would go with a bigger exhaust maybe 3 inch or just an open downpipe, but thats the future, i think i will go with 2 inch. i know the car wont benifit from an exhaust too big but i diddnt know if 2 inch was too small. i just want something that sounds good without making me LOSE power. thanks

·
Registered
1993 Honda Civic EX
93 Posts
I had a b7 with 2.5 exhaust an went to a 2 inch and the low end seemed a lot better.

Twin loops sound sexy as fuck but I'd get a resonator put in a well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts