Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hi hater!
12,548 Posts
Yes, and unless you're in over the 500whp mark I don't think it'll be necessary.
Even then you shouild be ok JFK used an action clutch for a long time before he switched up to the twin disk but I would be more worried about the trans holding up for more than a few runs than a clutch that can hold the power. Seems like the only person that knows how to keep em together is James and he told us his secret it was rather simple search around for that post he will tell you what he does to keep his trannies intact. A really stiff clutch isnt it you want something that will grip but still has a little give as to not shock the drivetrain.....

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
Might I recommend what I have instead...a Competition STG V. But ONLY if you'll be making the power...cuz it's only needed an N/A build with bolt-ons.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Have you any of you guys ever driven and shifted a twin disc car? I make no power but will be installing one because they shift amazing at rpm.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
A competition twin I drove had less pedal than most heavy duty PP, it was very smooth engagement, unlike most single disc which are a on off switch,

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
humm. good info. but damn those things are pricey.

·
Registered
See above...
13,322 Posts
I find the transition from my stock EG clutch to the STG V is minimal at best. Just gotta be mindful that there is little feathering one can do on these things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts