Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i have found a really great deal on a JRSC for my car. but i cant decide if i want to try it. i dont really have much time to discuss right now cause i have alot of work to do.
so discuss this topic and ill chime in a little later

BTW my setup consists of pistons, rods, arps, cometic head gasket, built z6 head(stock cam for now), ramhorn, precision SC50, 680cc injectors, SMC enterprises methanol kit, and hondata s300.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
A lot of people are gonna try to hate. If I knew anything about it, I would chime in, but sadly I don't. I say go for it if you can work out the logistics, shut the haters down.

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
i know its gonna restrict the flow of the turbo, but i think it will help my spool time and give me a fatter power band, my car is not just a straight up drag car. i like to play in it on the street quite a bit and right now it sucks having to wait for 5000 to come around to get up and go.

and please dont tell me to get a smaller turbo. i can get this charger for cheaper than a new turbo.

PR4 all that help out in this discussion

·
Registered
106 Posts
I say do it BUT do a dyno run before and after to see how much difference it makes. Im kinda curious to see the results. Should definitely give you some more low end grunt.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
I think twincharging was originally thought of to make big turbos spool faster, so that should work out. I'd love to see it done, it's gotta be better than a small turbo setup.

If I get some time, I'll try to see what google searching brings up...

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I say do it. It cant be all that hard to get done. There is quite a few people out there that have done it.

As long as your tuner knows what hes doing i think it would work out pretty good.

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
Had a friend add a turbo to a to his S/C'd MR2... Didnt work as well as thought... ANd he had alot of ecu upgrades to control it all.. Good luck to you for trying something a little different with the D

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
I say go for it. Even if it doesnt help much, still be sweet as hell of a setup tho, but I dont see how it would hurt more than help.

If your twin charging, Just think of this a the smaller turbo, but once you put your foot down the powers there.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Speaking from my point of view, I wouldn't bother. Twin charged setups get a :TU: in my book for ingenuity and balls but IMO it's just a waste of time. I mean if your setup is running good now then why introduce something new into the mix that will create its own set of problems / issues? Take the JRSC and flip it on ebay. That's just me though.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
i say do it, but at the same tim i am kind of with some of these guys for a number of reasons...1: you'll have more heat under the hood so water injection or some way to cool it all down would have to be intergrated...2: adding a SC to a TC car would cause some issues that most of us probably wouldn't want to deal with...at the same time if you have the time, tuning tools, knowledge , and money do it...

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
2,915 Posts
To do it it right you are gonna have to bypass the SC at a certian psi or RPM that way your not boosting through the SC with the turbo. DOnt waste your time.
Hater.

Speaking from my point of view, I wouldn't bother. Twin charged setups get a :TU: in my book for ingenuity and balls but IMO it's just a waste of time. I mean if your setup is running good now then why introduce something new into the mix that will create its own set of problems / issues? Take the JRSC and flip it on ebay. That's just me though.

Good luck with whatever you decide.
Why do it? So you don't have to use your brakes to spool your turbo, using a twin charge setup he should reach full boost a lot sooner in the RPM range than he does now, offering a fatter powerband and more usable power. Yeah, it's complicated, but aren't most things worth having? He says it doesn't pull until 5000RPM, that has GOT to suck in the turns if it dips a little below that, tring to jockey the throttle after it starts pulling. Twin charge, he gets more of a SC response, with Turbo power.

$10 says when he gets it done it's sick as fuck and people start jocking it.

·
Cool User Title Here
6,900 Posts
I would seriously LOVE to see it done right. If done right, the results could be awesome.

The old St Andres/HKS Twincharged MR2 made what 220HP on the twincharged setup? Hardly worth the time, but it was well executed.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Hater.

Why do it? So you don't have to use your brakes to spool your turbo, using a twin charge setup he should reach full boost a lot sooner in the RPM range than he does now, offering a fatter powerband and more usable power. Yeah, it's complicated, but aren't most things worth having? He says it doesn't pull until 5000RPM, that has GOT to suck in the turns if it dips a little below that, tring to jockey the throttle after it starts pulling. Twin charge, he gets more of a SC response, with Turbo power.

$10 says when he gets it done it's sick as fuck and people start jocking it.
Oh don't get me wrong. I have much respect for twin charged setups. They take A LOT of skill and time to put together, tune, and run. I'm just saying, me being me, I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
613 Posts
i know at least a few old semi's were twincharged. plus vw has a twincharged car out.

even if it doesnt make as much power as a turbo, you'll make more than a SC so imo it'd be worth it. especially if you auto-x

1 - 20 of 48 Posts