Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a stock b18cr with skunk stage 2 cams and anr header with wet shot setup. i want to spray it with 150shot with c16 but getting off the line with 150shot would be difficult and hard on the engine.

i was thinking about instead of using the fuel solinod for fuel, ill run brass y fitting from the nitrous solinod to the fuel solinod and a seperate switch to activate the solinod after i get into second gear. for the fueling for the 2nd stage i was thinking about getting the moates 2 timer, copy and paste my n/a maps to the 2nd stage map and add 25% more fuel.

Do you follow me so far? if so do you think it will work? the plan is to use c16 as fuel. up my fpr to 50psi from 40psi. launch the car in 1st gear from 75shot dry. when i get into 2nd gear ill flip another switch at wot which will trigger the fuel solinod to spray another 75shot (150shot total) and complete the ground to switch over to the next map on the moates 2-timer.

has this been done before? think it will work?

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why not use the system as is with a progressive timer?
i was looking at the nos mini 2stage progessive controller but i was told it will kill my niods.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Kill your noids? The controller has power, ground, micro switch inputs and outputs to the solenoids. If by noids you mean solenoids I don't see how a controller would kill them. The last shop I worked in we had a big domestic crowd after we got our refill station set up. Almost all ran progressive controllers with no issues. Most of those guys were running wet single stage systems with hits of 200 and up and went through multiple bottles a week. KISS

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Progressive controllers will destroy 99% of solenoids over time. The solenoids are already being used for pressure, temperature, and materials that they are not designed for. On top of that youre trying to PWM them and you end up with deformed seats and leaking solenoids.

I dont suggest using a fuel solenoid as a nitrous solenoid.
I dont suggest putting nitrous into the "fuel" side of a nozzle.

I would either get a set of dry nozzles (which are very cheap BTW) or get proper solenoids (I would suggest WON, as they are pretty much the only solenoid designed to be pulse at high frequency and duty cycle)

I would also strongly suggest direct port, but nobody ever fucking listens to me and just does whatever is cheapest, but w/e...

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Progressive controllers will destroy 99% of solenoids over time. The solenoids are already being used for pressure, temperature, and materials that they are not designed for. On top of that youre trying to PWM them and you end up with deformed seats and leaking solenoids.

I would either get a set of dry nozzles (which are very cheap BTW) or get proper solenoids (I would suggest WON, as they are pretty much the only solenoid designed to be pulse at high frequency and duty cycle)

I would also strongly suggest direct port, but nobody ever fucking listens to me and just does whatever is cheapest, but w/e...

thanks for the advise, ill buy a nitrous soleniod and a dry nozzle today cause i really want this to work. And i agree direct port is the way to go but i dont have time to install that right now. there goes the idea of turning a wet shot into a dual stage setup..

·
yellow bar for me
3,572 Posts
I dont think you will be able to switch the tunes with the two timer in real time like you are planning on doing. Dont quote me on that. but I couldnt ever figure it out on mine. everytime I wanted to change to my nitrous tune I had to turn the key off, flip the switch, then start it back up.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
I dont think you will be able to switch the tunes with the two timer in real time like you are planning on doing. Dont quote me on that. but I couldnt ever figure it out on mine. everytime I wanted to change to my nitrous tune I had to turn the key off, flip the switch, then start it back up.
Sounds about right. Hafta reset the ecu everytime you change a out a chip. Same thing basicly imao

·
Registered
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

yeah i was reading about that on moates website. i decided to go with 2 kits a dry 75shot 1st stage and 75wet shot 2nd stage with c16 for saftey. im dying to see if this setup is faster than my old vitara setup

·
Registered
2,121 Posts

This

·
Registered
16 Posts
Why not just start sparying in 2nd gear so their would be no need to buy another kit. If you are going to buy another dry why not spend the money on the direct port and be done with it. Sorry for rambling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts