Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just replaced my ICM in my dizzy, drove it around to find it was in limp mode so took it home and reset the ecu. now the fuel pump turns off after 4 seconds regardless if I try to start the car or not. I've checked all my fuses and I think I've checked all my grounding points. I also have been having the issue with the car stalling at stoplights when I'm under 7/8th's tank. my ECU blinks once then nothing. I replaced my ECU about a month and a half ago when I was having an issue with the automatic one giving my engine issues and swapped it out to the manual one it's supposed to have.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,045 Posts
check the fuel pump itself

·
4,045 Posts
check back up ecu fuse. or google "Honda fsm pdf"

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my engine won't start, that's the problem. there is no fuel reaching the pistons.

·
Never finishes (TWSS)
91 Civic SI hb
1,870 Posts
Doesnt it prime at twelve volts and run at six? If so it may be able to prime do to more power but unable to stay running to start the car and keep it running. To much drag on the pump or even that circuit not working. I think its the pump or main relay and the relay is sending the prime part but not the run part.

·
4,045 Posts
my engine won't start, that's the problem. there is no fuel reaching the pistons.
um, check to see if there is fuel at the filter? its not complicated bro, stop making it. fuel in tank, fuel in pump, fuel in lines, fuel in filter, fuel in rail, fuel in injectors.....find out the missing component and repair. didn't know it would have to be barney style for you.

once again
1) google
2) search term "HONDA CIVIC FSM PDF"
3) click
4) download
5) follow instructions
6) pay me

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Doesnt it prime at twelve volts and run at six? If so it may be able to prime do to more power but unable to stay running to start the car and keep it running. To much drag on the pump or even that circuit not working. I think its the pump or main relay and the relay is sending the prime part but not the run part.
Mine is at 12v all the time.... Except when the car is off lol.

·
Registered
toytoa supra
123 Posts
I second that mine runs at 12 all the time too ha..even when the car isn't running it still runs.. Chuck Norris made this one ��. Do you still have the auto ecu? You could just throw it in real quick to check.. Also smack the main relay pretty good while trying to start your car and see if it starts.. When my main relay started to crap out it became more prevalent when it was warm/hot outside.. I am also assuming you have an eg body style.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fuel pump should have 12 volts to it primed or when running.

If you are certain its a lack of fuel and not something having to do with ignition, and you hear the pump priming, its probably the circuit in the main relay providing power to the injectors. However this doesn't address correct fuel pressure. I've had pumps before on other vehicles make plenty of noise and do a whole lot of nothing.

Like suggested above smack the main relay while trying to start it. If it fires up, your problem is there.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Also smack the main relay pretty good while trying to start your car and see if it starts.. When my main relay started to crap out it became more prevalent when it was warm/hot outside.. I am also assuming you have an eg body style.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Issue Resolved. The pin for the wire going to the TDC sensor went bad. Re-pin, solder new wire, starts right up.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
Cool, glad you came back with a resolution, nice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts