Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A Friend Of Mine Has A Eg Hatch He Has Fully Built D16z6 And His Next Plan Was To Turbo It But He Thinks He Cant Because He Has The Head Port And Polished I Told Him He Could Can You Guys Help My Friend

·
Shoot me!
2000 hatchback
6,890 Posts
A Friend Of Mine Has A Eg Hatch He Has Fully Built D16z6 And His Next Plan Was To Turbo It But He Thinks He Cant Because He Has The Head Port And Polished I Told Him He Could Can You Guys Help My Friend
I heard something about port and polish on exhaust side is good for a turbo but on the intake side just port it so the fuel will optimize or something i have no clue if this is true can someone verify that.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
you definately CAN turbo it; i kinda doubt it would be possible for a pnp to make less power than a stock head...

Hellhatch's post makes sense; exhaust porting would probably make more of a difference (more exhaust you can flow out of the motor; the quicker you will spool (in theory...)

·
Registered
99'civic 4D
253 Posts
Turbo it, he'll love it!!! I have stage 2 port polish head w/ t3/t4 turbo on a stock bottom end..

·
Curious George
'99 LX Civic Sedan
3,569 Posts
Turbo it, he'll love it!!! I have stage 2 port polish head w/ t3/t4 turbo on a stock bottom end..
How you can qualify stage 1-2-3 port and polish ? Everyone has different mind and ideas on what is a stage 1 or stage 3. Is it only unshroud valves ? Matching manifold and gasket ? or massive grind of the intake and exhaust port ?

:sadface:

·
Registered
725 Posts
Cant turbo my car cause of the ported head. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts