Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Summit Racing catalog. I see Turbonetics has a turbo kit for the Y7. Does anyone have any experience with this mfg? Do they manufacuture quality stuff? Any feedback would be appreciated.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats correct. Comes with a T3/T4 hybrid. Looks like it comes with everything needed?? $3230. Is that a bit steep?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
actually, for a pre fabbed kit that is a pretty good price. also it comes with 4 new 440cc injectors instead of 2 that go before the throttle body. Also all piping is powercoated along with the down pipe. I never used the kit, but it looks like its good quaility. it actually looks like a kit designed to take the wear and tear of a daily driver, not just for race only.

thats just my oppinion.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a friend with a 97 integra and he has this kit. It is a great kit but his external wastegate they sent him had a defect. It was leeking air out of it and he did not know it. This in turn a couple months down the road f*c% his motor up. He rebuilt it and while rebulding noticed that his turbo has so much play in the fins . It was terriable. The turbo was like 3 months old and it was in worse shape then some I have seen that were ten years old. Oil got in the turbo some how and made the fins inside the turbo spin lop sided.Other than that they are a good kit. I dont like the intake tube of it though. It is black and strechs.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a friend with a 97 integra and he has this kit. It is a great kit but his external wastegate they sent him had a defect. It was leeking air out of it and he did not know it. This in turn a couple months down the road f*c% his motor up. He rebuilt it and while rebulding noticed that his turbo has so much play in the fins . It was terriable. The turbo was like 3 months old and it was in worse shape then some I have seen that were ten years old. Oil got in the turbo some how and made the fins inside the turbo spin lop sided.Other than that they are a good kit. I dont like the intake tube of it though. It is black and strechs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts