Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1994 honda civic ex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a used turbonetics t3 48 trim turbo. right now my civic is stock and I am only wanting to run 6 or 8 psi to keep from blowing my motor. someday down the road I have plans to build the motor and and boost it more. has anyone had this turbo before. if so any tips and reviews would be great before i go out and purchase this turbo... I have a d16z6 stock...

quick response would be awesome cuz otherwise i am going to go buy it in a couple hours!

thanks

·
Registered
1994 honda civic ex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
got the serial number from the guy and it turns out it is a t3 60 ar with a .82 trim... it is a little older but the guy said that it works good and there is no shaft play. and if i install it and it does not work he would give the money back... i called turbonetics and they said that it is an older model and that if it ever needed to be rebuilt then it would cost around 450-600 bucks...

·
Registered
1994 honda civic ex
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah the person i talked to on the phone at turbonetics said that they have to be balanced and that was their main cost. i did not know that their are shops that can do this. where would i be able to find a rebuild kit for this turbo? just in case cuz i am wanting to build this turbo on a budget. trying to stay under a grand...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts