Honda D Series Forum banner

turbonetics compressor wheel still good?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  trashmaster 
#1 ·
Is this compressor housing wheel still good it looks like its been sanded on the fins possIbly trying to fix bent fins!! bought it used and does need a rebuild got it cheap I have $300 saved should I rebuild buy new wheel and have it balanced ...also which wheel do I buy I think its a t3t04E with 63exhaust housing...will this turbo even be good for my d16z6 for around 300hp any suggestions would be great THANKS

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
It looks like a 60trim t04e based on the large inducer diameter and the stamp "E-60". It should be ~58mm on the smaller diameter to be a 60trim. You can get a new wheel for $69, and the fact it isn't genuine Garrett won't matter since the turbo needs re-balancing anyways

Turbo Compressor Wheel Garrett T3 T4 T04E 58mm 75mm 60 Trim 442476 0017 | eBay

That wheel could be reused, but the key is if it looks like side play was enough to let it touch the housing. If it did then I wouldn't reuse it. A rebuild kit costs ~$65 via ebay (360 thrust, which I think Turbonetics uses) and a re-balancing is $50-75 (local or gpopshop.com), so you have to ask yourself if you really want to spend the money and end up with a chipped wheel - I wouldn't.

Last thing - when you disasseble it, flush it the best you can to clear any possible gunk or shavings in the CHRA just in case.

#6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys for the responses much appreciated especially link for the wheel im loving this forum.. I got the turbo with the wheel partially removed the nut was only on buy couple threads so I disassembled it it did have shaft play side side but no in and out. Ill assemble one more time to to confirm.why if there's also of shaft play do u think its not worth my time? Last question I've rebuilt my old turbonetics turbo and the compressor wheel cam right off this one I had to literally screw of which I thought was kind of weird could the shaft be possibly bent which wouldn't let the wheel slide right off..sorry for so many questions this is the last peice I need for my turbo set up..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.