Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after reading like crazy and researching like no other ive decided to turbo my crx. but i still have a few ?s.....im still kinda shaddy on the whole fmu and tricking the MAP...if i do the map hack or w/e will i have to chip my ecu? or will it be fine just how it is? and the question i have on the fmu is how do i hook it up? also i dont really understand the whole internal W/G or BOV thing....like your turbo...most turbos come with a internal wastegate right...well then do i need a BOV...or can i just run with the waste gate?

thanks

lol dont flame to much im still a noob!

also do u guys think i would beable to hook this up myself? are there any locals around here willing to help a fellow D-series tuner out???

thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all you do is install some check valves to keep the map from seeing boost. this will keep it from kicking off a check engine light and putting your car into limp mode (sorry no little blue pill will fix this issue. :p ) you use the FMU at about 10:1 level and you can run all stock pump and parts as long as you are no more than 6psi. if you go higher then you need a better pump, lager injectors and something to control them with. (used safc from ebay is a good buy and you can run prelude injectors (310cc) for about $60 a set used). then you woudl have to get profesionally tuned if you went higher than 6psi. but if you stay 6 you can run that all day long on an fmu.

I woudl how ever recommend you get a adjsutable FPR and set your pressure to 44psi from the stocker 40 on your car. You should also run 1step colder than stock plugs for under 6psi and over 6 you go tto 2 steps colder. if you get intot he 300 hp range you need 3 steps colder and if you get over 325 you need 4 steps colder. but that's if you build your motor.

good luck and have fun. take your time and do it RIGHT.

"Haste makes waste"....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
6 psi? alright well isnt a T25 internal wastegate set a 8 psi? so how do i turn that down???

-thanks

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o alright, yea i remember reading that somewhere.....so pretty much i guess and check?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
ahhh just run 8psi and up the fuel pressure to like 62-64psi and it will be fine.....been done before ran for 11months until we upped the boost to 11psi but not the fuel pressure

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BseriesKllR said:
ahhh just run 8psi and up the fuel pressure to like 62-64psi and it will be fine..

Hahaha

Can i Quote you on that??? ;-)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
alright well do you guys think i could set this up myslef? i doesnt seem that hard at all???

-thanks

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it's easy. guys walk him through this I gotta go to lunch with the BESS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts