Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright i have a 97 ex with a d16y8 with 170000 miles on it. i want to turbo it and have many questions. I was going to get a kit from ebay but ive heard they were junk but name brand kits are expensive im trying to spend less then 3k cuz if its more then that ill just do a motor swap. another thing if i get a kit will i have to get pistons and rod since it already has high mileage because i already 6 psi is fine on stock internals but for cars with low milage. my questions are where are good places for kits and if i have to build it where can i get some good internals thanks!?!?!?!

·
Registered
92 hatchback
2,369 Posts
piece one together for like 1200 for everything. it will be some of the best stuff you can buy. pay to get a good tune on it. you would be way under 3000. o by the way try not to go over more then 10-12lbs

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
just find a good turbo manifold and and everiy thing else get from ebay like i/c piping and fmc bov ect. get some vitara pistons ans some tunner toy rods and some other odds and ends and you will have you a ok set up there the turbo and the manifold are very important so don't slack on those things

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.