Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so its pretty much what the title says.Im going with the z6 head on my a6 and im wondering if when i put TurboEdit to control the vtec what else I'd have to change.Ive got something in the back of my head saying ive gotta change the dizzy and o2 sensor.True or false? if so tell me my options.Thanks a lot.its my first car with lift and im trying to do it right.and if thgeres anyone in ATL that can help that would be 10x better but still appreciating anyone with advice.

·
Registered
1988 Honda CRX
6,676 Posts
You need to retain everything at ODB0 for TurboEdit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
ok. also i just saw that it said the PM6 A09 is chippable but is the PM6 A07 still fine.I have two ECUs but i grabbed the one nearest and thats what i saw. I clicked on the ECU list to see if it was still gud but the page is probably old and got put down.thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i went inside my car and found the one i was running it turns out to be a A09 so thanks anyways

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
You can't use the Z6 distributor with OBD0 ECUs. What is not obvious is that the Z6 uses an absolutely retarded mounting pattern for the distributor that doesn't match up to anything really. You CAN get a distributor to fit, but, it's not gonna be pretty. I am just warning you of that.

You will need to use either the AC output, convert the ECU to an auto unit to use the tranny lockup solenoid output, or use an RPM switch to activate VTEC. I prefer to keep everything in the ECU, so, if you don't have AC, that is the easiest route. If you want to keep your AC, you will either have to find a PS9 ECU or figure out how to convert the PM6 into a PS9 to use the lockup solenoid output to control VTEC.

Have you ever done this before?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heell nooo lol. but damn ive been waiting for u to post i heard ur the man when it comes to TurboEdit. but i heard bout the a/c connection.my a/c is removed but i think it still has the connector.as for the dizzy ill see what i can do because im being attacked by probation and bills so money is really tight on me.but thanks for the help and please continue to help.

·
()*#$(*$
93 Legend L Coupe.
11,404 Posts
Sure. Just hit me up via email when you need more advice. I am going to be very, very busy shortly, and email gets my attention. My forum time is going to get cut back to almost nothing, and I have other forums I will check before this one.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
no i havent lol.tho i just visited the web and it said "phorum" lol and i havent gotten the chip yet this week gonna be a little slow...hate this.

·
Classic Man
Civic
16,355 Posts
i have pics of how i modified my a6 dizzy to bolt onto a z6 head.

i actually sold it to a guy who used it on a stock A6 again. so its not modified too much that you cant use it for its original purpose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts