Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, putting a T3 in my 90' civic. I want to get the turboedit program for the ecu. But I am all new to engine managment. What do I need to run the program? I know I need a chip and burner, but what kind? Wheres a good place to get the ZIF socket and such? Any info on how to set up my PM6 would be greatly appreciated.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
start with www.xenocron.com or www.moates.net for your accessories, or to just have it chipped for you.

i use the Willem burner available on eBay. it works fine, its just not as "user friendly" as the batronix or other burners.

my recommendation for tuning:

chipped ecu set up for datalogging
wideband
Ostrich

then when you feel you have a good enough tune:
eprom burner
reflashable eprom

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
ryan89crx said:
start with www.xenocron.com or www.moates.net for your accessories, or to just have it chipped for you.

i use the Willem burner available on eBay. it works fine, its just not as "user friendly" as the batronix or other burners.

my recommendation for tuning:

chipped ecu set up for datalogging
wideband
Ostrich

then when you feel you have a good enough tune:
eprom burner
reflashable eprom
Damn your good. That was really a great response.

P.S. I run Turbedit on my 90 CRX and I use the moates burner.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
Reckone said:
What chip should I use for my pm6?
one that you get tuned for yourself. i dont recommend using anyone else's map. all motor/turbo combos are different, so you need one taylored specifically for your application. if you arent comfortable with tuning, contact Xenocron to get a basemap made, then get it to a tuner. there is a list of tuners on HMT as well as pgmfi.org

1 - 5 of 5 Posts