Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,iv been out of the Honda scene for quite some time,a friend of mine has had an EG just sitting in her garage for a while,she told me i could have it for 2k and id really like to get back into hondas. Basically id like some opinions on if this is a good starting point of if i should look for something else.

94 EG
Skunk 2 IM
RC 750 injectors
Aftermarket radiator
Mounts
Si trans
Turbo kit
manual boost controller
2.5 or 3" exhaust unsure
Walbro fuel pump
fuel rail
tein adjustable coilovers
newer clutch/flywheel i believe Exedy and Fidanza
bov
wastegate
hid's
the car is tuned but i dont know which ecu or engine management is being used.

i'm missing a few things but that's the bulk of it,i'm a bit fuzzy on a lot of the brands because its been a while since iv seen the car,i should be headed over there sometime this week to check it out.

The bad,its been sitting for a while and before that it still ran fine but was starting to burn oil so im guessing the pistons and rings were on their way out.I want this as a project car.id love to rebuild the d15 thats in it or swap it out for a d16 and boost the hell out of it.

I'd give the exterior a 9/10 and the interior a 8/10.

Apparently i cant post images yet

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
Sounds like a good deal if it's not beat to shit and ghetto rigged.burning oil could be rings, the turbo is shot, or valve seals. You can post images by uploading somewhere like photo bucket and getting the direct link and

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply,i supplied a link to a couple photos of the civic,personally i don't feel anything on the car is ghetto,it even has the del sol leather interior.

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
car looks decent but i can see an ebay wastegate and turbo manifold, im sure its an ebay turbo kit which i would guess is why its burning oil. you would be best off buying a better turbo (if the turbo is bad) and getting a similar size so you hopefully dont have to change the exhaust downpipe.

·
Registered
EJ8
3 Posts
you sure it's a Skunk 2 IM? I've seen some reps that have that bar on the top but nothing on them, could be just bad photo though. But yea car looks pretty good. type r strut bar

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you sure it's a Skunk 2 IM? I've seen some reps that have that bar on the top but nothing on them, could be just bad photo though. But yea car looks pretty good. type r strut bar
100% positive,its just a bad picture.Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
car looks decent but i can see an ebay wastegate and turbo manifold, im sure its an ebay turbo kit which i would guess is why its burning oil. you would be best off buying a better turbo (if the turbo is bad) and getting a similar size so you hopefully dont have to change the exhaust downpipe.

yeah,im going to look closer to see if i can find any brands i was hoping the turbo wasn't Chinese but ill just have to stick my head in there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Title is clean and its been on no-op so no back fees either. You guys think 2k is a decent place or should i try and talk her down a bit? The pictures aren't very good but it really is clean inside and out. No dents or scratches the only thing wrong cosmetically is a crack on the rear light housing,which she has a brand new set that she's throwing in.oh yeah,the ac works too!!!!

·
Two men shy of a group
99 civic sedan ex
1,312 Posts
You couldn't find an eg hatch around here for less than 2500-3000$ unless it's beat to shit so it's a pretty fair price to include a turbo setup even though it is ebay

·
Registered
Integra DB9
445 Posts
It certainly looks like it's worth saving at that price. The Teins alone are worth half the money if they're any good.
As for the oil issue, I'd look at the valve stem seals first.

·
Asshole
4,112 Posts
The Teins alone are worth half the money if they're any good.
They really aren't though. They are bottom of the barrel coilovers, only better than Chinese factory made coilovers.

Its a great price as long as the engine isn't junk, I would be worried about how long that engine ran/was beat on without a filter. I know the high desert is a windy area and fairly dusty, hopefully it's the turbo and not the rings. You won't be able to smog it to get it registered but you probably already knew that.

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
around me, 2 grand gets you a 92-95 hatchback that needs rust repair, has 200k+ miles, probably a grinding tranny, and needing several hundred dollars in repair, whether it be suspension, brakes, or tires

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Illegal smog,the car is actually from the Fullerton area and was garaged shortly after it started burning oil in the HD,i have two d16a6's sitting in my garage and three h22a's with harnesses and transmission,the plan would be to pull that engine and rebuild/replace whatever i need and want.basically im buying it as a rolling chassis which is why i wanted to get an idea of if it's worth 2k. i would prefer to stick with a D-series,they have a special place in my heart,always have.i mean,the body is straight,the paint is nice,inside is clean,it has some bolt-ons that would knock the overall price of my build down,suspension,yadayada.

i want to get back into honda's,i have an EF that needs a medium amount of body work and a have a 92 prelude that needs a fender and an engine,i would like to build something from the block up and aim for 400-500whp.i can get this civic and sell off/trade all my other crap to help fund a build or i can get this civic and fix/flip it. im honestly just trying to see if its worth the 2k

·
Registered
6,907 Posts
the cause for burning oil is speculative. so many reasons why it could.

Id grab it, and even if it had no engine, just a fitted turbo kit ready to be used, it is still worth over 2 grand.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
iv spent quite a bit of time on craigslist ...dont think im going to find an EG that clean at 2k. im going to hopefully head over there tomorrow and check it out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.