Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Honda
2,692 Posts
homeade is cheapest but you have to know what your doing so you buy the right parts. aftermarket prefab is a more expensive route and if you must go this route i would say look into greddy first, then edlebrock.

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
HMT kit FTW!!!!
X's 143,678 dont pay 3-4k for a greddy kit get yourself started with a 14b (you got one ha) dopwnpipe....cheapy i.c set up (ebay it up son make sure it fits your car measure before you buy) get dsm injectors and a resistor box OR go to radio shack and get the inline ones! stealthmode oil line kit (tunertoys) ...ebay bov will work JUST fine ..chipped p28 and some sort of managemnet crome uberdata ect...boost gauge ebay all day long...maybe throw a new clutch in there to help keep the power to the ground OH YEAH and a camera to taek pics of the shit while your doing it and when its out rippin on the street...pretty much need to do a bit more research BUT when you see a deal jump on it! try www.turbod16.com as well!

·
Premium Member
civic coupe
7,943 Posts
i used to run a 14b setup on a STOCK y8 and i never had it over 10lbs it pulled nice and in a STOCK motor with 2.5 exhaust FULL interior 96 coupe with barely any launch it went 14.5 @97 and that was with 14 inch steelies with shitty tires and on 7 lbs it dynoed 186whp not to bad BUT the 14b could have went a bit higher and hit 200 if i would have pushed it but the y8 blew up so i built it ahha prolly the best thing that happened to me car wise b/c now i have a potentially 300HP + setup sitting in my garage ready for me to put together......

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.