Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to run a turbo set up on my a6/y8 build and i am not sure what good ones i should look into. . Any help woulld be great/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about lack of details. but i have eagle rods je mid comp pistons stock y8 head. i want to run low 11s and drive it daily.

·
Registered
95 ex coupe
4,281 Posts
Sorry about lack of details. but i have eagle rods je mid comp pistons stock y8 head. i want to run low 11s and drive it daily.
daily driving it will be alright if you have a good tuner.
so you already have the rods and pistons installed?
its going to be hard running low 11's but it can and has been done with your type of setup.
you will need supporting stuff tho too. intake mani would be a good one. it would be much easier if you have cam and springs in the head.
just pic a good turbo thats not too big but not so small you have to run tons of boost.
you should aim for a 400whp range. that should get you into low 11's high 10's with slicks and good driving

·
OMG TOTALLY COOL TITLE!!!!
88 y49 crx
3,888 Posts
you want a daily low 11's car? i havent searched around the builds lately but the first one that comes to mind that hit that was drunkenmaster1 car. he had a y8 block, h-beam rods, vitara pistons, ported pump, stock z6 top end and all other turbo goodies like injectors bov ws 3 bar map.. it was at 405 on race gas and hit mid-low 11's in a 92-95 sedan.

·
Registered
841 Posts
all you hadda do was search and you can find a shit load of info dude..seriously

Dont worry about the intake mani stated above..just get a stock y8 or z6 mani and port it and youll be fine

look into getting some head work, mild p&p, springs, if you really wanna get valves and retainers and all that you can but you really dont have to but get a cam and matching springs for sure, if you really wanna take a look at the kms head package on FJ..if you want a cheap reliable cam check out the zex 59300..good for turbo street driven car

the rods and pistons you have will be fine for the bottom end, for the turbo take a look at a garret t3/t4 57 trim or 60 trim..that will get you to the level for a 400whp car..

And def make sure you have a reliable tuner for sure..i dont think you wanna see your shit go boom since your gonna DD it.

If this is your first build and your first turbod car then you might wanna rethink this and go alittle lower before you wrap yourself around a pole..just saying...

Its alot more then what you really think so do some more searching before you get to deep in it..it will save you the simple questions like this that have already been answerd..

·
Registered
DOOKIE
604 Posts
all you hadda do was search and you can find a shit load of info dude..seriously

Dont worry about the intake mani stated above..just get a stock y8 or z6 mani and port it and youll be fine

look into getting some head work, mild p&p, springs, if you really wanna get valves and retainers and all that you can but you really dont have to but get a cam and matching springs for sure, if you really wanna take a look at the kms head package on FJ..if you want a cheap reliable cam check out the zex 59300..good for turbo street driven car

the rods and pistons you have will be fine for the bottom end, for the turbo take a look at a garret t3/t4 57 trim or 60 trim..that will get you to the level for a 400whp car..

And def make sure you have a reliable tuner for sure..i dont think you wanna see your shit go boom since your gonna DD it.

If this is your first build and your first turbod car then you might wanna rethink this and go alittle lower before you wrap yourself around a pole..just saying...

Its alot more then what you really think so do some more searching before you get to deep in it..it will save you the simple questions like this that have already been answerd..
perfect info

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts

·
Registered
98 Civic CX-T on E85
1,797 Posts
11 second car and daily driven good luck.
oh really...my car is daily driven and i should be well into the 11's with my new tune, not to mention at 4800ft elevation.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
a 11 second car and daily driven is VERY doable... its when it gets to the 10 second DD cars that arent as fun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts