Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SCAMMER. DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS GUY
08 honda civic
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys,

i need you guys opinion on what turbo. after talking to greg (autoworks) and francisco (fjdistributors) they both recomended me the bulleyes T3/T04E 57 trim .55 A/R. for my vitara build with stock head. but my mechanic (B-series guy) keeps telling me to go with a Precision SC61. im looking for something that is gonna give full boost at low rpm. im thinking that the precision sc61 is not going to do that at low rpm. please give me your input on which should be the best fit for my vitara build. ( goal is 350-400 whp)

thank you

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I actually said .55 a/r 50 trim. Low end...do NOT get the SC61 (see below)

^ My 9:1 Z6 w/ the SC61. Great topend turbo. Comes on like a light switch at 4500 or so. Its not the "fullboost at low RPM turbo" by any means

V 9:1 Z6 again w/ a .63 a/r Garrett...the .55 Bullseye would be very similar here.

Alot smoother and more "streetable"

VVFWIW

^All of those have 10 PSI pulls shown

·
Premium Member
453 Posts
I dont know who you use for tuning but you said he is a b-series guy so i am not going to trash on him to much. However he should know what would / will not work on a D-series.
The sc61 is a larger turbo for the D and wont be what your looking for. Plus 350'ish power really is not a far reach for many of the semi-smaller turbos no need to go over kill.

·
SCAMMER. DO NOT BUY PARTS FROM THIS GUY
08 honda civic
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats what i meant greg. LOL but that what i tought i figure the sc61 was to big. thank you guys for confirming tihs for me. greg i will hit you up next for that monster. please have it ready with a red bow on it cus is going to be christmas for me!!!!!!!!! LOL

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
thats what i meant greg. LOL but that what i tought i figure the sc61 was to big. thank you guys for confirming tihs for me. greg i will hit you up next for that monster. please have it ready with a red bow on it cus is going to be christmas for me!!!!!!!!! LOL
I'll have it ready...I can push one to the side now and stick a reindeer bow on it..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I got the same turbo Greg recommended and I am aiming for a Streetable 350 with early boost. Looking forward to it as well. Best of luck on your build and Go Auto is a great place to get your stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts