Discussion Starter #3
lol, hell yeah, not my car btw!!!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OP also put this on vadriven.com

http://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211352

He would have been better off building a svt focus, much better place to start.
yeah, but there are tons of Focus that are quick. the shop he got dyno tuned..there was like 6 turbo focus just parked outside..lol fuck that. besides hes got a fully built engine. 9:1cr, H beam rods, bearings, over sized valves, ported everything....only thing hes in need of. Is a turbo that spools at 2500rpms or lower instead of the 4500rpms it spools at now. and a bigger throttle body. thats whats killing him tho. Spools at 4500rpms, shifts at 6000-6200. thats a weak ass power band.

·
Registered
1993 Cobra
4,036 Posts
well, I'd say to get a T25-T28 but the boost you mentioned he runs will be WWAAAYYY out of those little turbos eff. range. Anything less than a 50 trim should be good.

·
My sig is longer than yours
2,163 Posts
ricer ass extinguishers.....

i mean really how many god damn cars do ya'll see on fire....?
Not many, but considering how fast a fire can COMPLETELY destroy your ride, I'm seriously considering a fire suppression system... Way cooler than an extinguisher

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well, I'd say to get a T25-T28 but the boost you mentioned he runs will be WWAAAYYY out of those little turbos eff. range. Anything less than a 50 trim should be good.
yeah he had a .42 ar T3 before. with .48 exhuast...it cracked the exhuast housing...and it just ran like shit with that turbo...may have been cause he was using PVC piping at the time..lol...But thinking about a GT28....Says they are good for 350whp...he needs somthign where he can use the power that it can make down lower in the rpms...since the tuner doesnt wanna rev the shit for some reason??? ive seen dynos on zx2 reving to 7500rpms...IMO. thats what he needs to do..but his tuner says his power drops off, w/e

·
Registered
330 Posts
Not many, but considering how fast a fire can COMPLETELY destroy your ride, I'm seriously considering a fire suppression system... Way cooler than an extinguisher
x2 if you really have some $$$ in your car

·
This one's for you, Duck.
Wait, what?
2,304 Posts

I keep one in mine because of the inherent nature of ITBs to leak fuel :lol:

Mmmmm halon....

·
Resident Gunsmith & Duracoater
Ranger - work truck
5,467 Posts
i am all for a halon type system, but keep the extinguishers out of the rice zones.....

i aint saying to NOT have them..... there is one in my work truck, but it is out of sight.

·
FF Misfit
Accord
4,881 Posts
I've got an extinguisher in mine but the pipes leading into my gas tank are also rusted pretty badly. I've been told if I remove the extinguisher from where I have it mounted behind my seat to the passenger side pillar, it'll net my CRX 50 additional rwhp.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts

Buddy of mine had a small fire in his shit this past week

I'd rather have a ricer extinguisger than watch my shit go up in flames.

edit: I do agree keep it out of sight though.

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
Lol, I saw that cobra yesterday. Nice looking car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts