-Eldebrock IM
-T3/T04E .82ar 60 trim turbo
-All piping 3 inches (charge/exhaust)

2. DOHC ZC

-Port + polish
-Crespo stage 5 cams
-Custom alum tank mani
-Everything else same as mini-me

Supporting mods(injectors, ect) not listed.

Which is better?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I laso have a TD05H 16G sitting right next to me. Will this help any? Redline, or power delivery wise?

Edit:

Someone JUST offered me a "built and ported Y7 head with Delta 272 cam + others"

Worth it? What's your redline with this cam?

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
Go w/ Single slammer..

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
Id stay with the Y7 and get that worked Y7 head and cam...

.82ar turbo seems a lil bit big tho.....

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here's the quote.

Well it has springs, ti retainers "which allow you to rev safer" and a big cam. The cam is more all motor so i wouldnt suggest it for boost but it will sell quick on the d-series boards. The head will rev until your bottom end breaks ill tell you that much. You can have it flow benched if you would like, i have a stock Y7 head here also. I can tell you that the ports are as generous as a Z6 with some extra bowl work. new valve seals, valves ground, yadda yadda yadda.
If you want to make peak power past 7200 you need a big snail or some boost creep thats all.
He says it will still take big boost to max past 7200. I imagine a stage 3 Z6 would rev to 8500 before boost. Also, wouldn't this head fully built only still be equal to a Z6? I imagine with a 20 HP stock difference, the Z6 head with the same work should be still a step better, and higher revving. Also, aren't 6G (Y7/Y8 )heads desinged for bottom end torque, compared to the Z6 head?

Remember, I'm not a compromise kind of guy. I don't want safe, becuase safe = still getting whooped by stock EX's.

·
D-Series Post Be-itch... gimme gimme gimme
3,203 Posts
Yes, the y's are built for torque. I guess it is up to you. VTEC is just a little harder to tune. If you have the time, go for the z6.

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
You will be amazed at how decent the Y7 head flows(decent for what it is and for not being Vtec).. I have one..Stock head/stock cam and i am making 266whp just reving it to 6800rpms..After 6800rpms the power starts to fall, yes, but i know its because the head is 100% stock.

Im sure the stock head with the delta 272 cam would make power up to 7200rpms

·
Registered
1999 civic Hatchback
2,452 Posts
just wanted to add...i know someone locally that also has a Y7 head..Ported and polished but with the stock cam and he's making 312whp with it.

·
Lifetime Awesome Member
'89 CRX HF
25,544 Posts
fjt said:
You will be amazed at how decent the Y7 head flows(decent for what it is and for not being Vtec).. I have one..Stock head/stock cam and i am making 266whp just reving it to 6800rpms..After 6800rpms the power starts to fall, yes, but i know its because the head is 100% stock.
stock cam as well?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I may probably have to do the ZC, the Mini will have too much compression for the boost I will HAVE to run. The Cam choices I have have long duration and probably overlap, these will "bleed" off boost, so I will have to make that up with more PSI. This is PART of the reason I need a big turbo. The other reason being a more impressive dyno graph. Max power on a D = 8.5K+.

Also one thing that suck, I plan to move to Cali, and the ZC will be illegal as fuck in a EK. Oh well, I'll keep it under Ohio tags/registration via family. Ha ha.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts