Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:evil: Ok let me start out by saying Im a noobie at this. I have a 92 cx w/ a 93 si motor(the whole 9 yard..ecu,harness) I just install a greddy turbo set up on my car(Tdo4h..piping, hks bov, fmic, piping ect...) but im running on stock gsr injector I think its 240cc. stock internal stock everything. I'm running on a FMU 10.1 <-- I think w/ field sfc. <--basically didnt do shit Running on 9psi with -2 deg retard. I notice that when ever Im on 3rd gear at about 5k rpm my CEL comes on(code 3 mapsensor) Keeps on doing that for about 2 weeks so I went for the apexi Vafc. Now here is another problem, I finish install it. All the correction is at +1 (narrow and wide) Now my CEL come on everytime I hit 7 psi doesnt matter what rpm. My question to this problem is Does anyone know how to help me out or point me to a better direction? :alky:

·
The H Badge is it!
91 crx
5,657 Posts
Cuong-Nutz said:
Get a missing link. It'll trick your map sensor/ecu from throwing a cel when it sees boost...
also 240cc injectors with 10:1 fmu shouldnt see more than like 6 or 7 psi or u could have injector failure

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need a missing link, also Id look into some injectors and ditch that FMU , and chip your p28 ecu with uberdata. Then, you can tune it safely !

Kevin

·
Registered
330 Posts
yea...your map is sensing the boost..if you have the money get the missing link if not your gonna have alot of "T" fittings and check valves

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea injectors from a si are the same as a gsr anyways.

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
definitely need injectors that is unsafe boost to be backing it up with only 240cc injectors. plus uberdata is extremely simple and free except for about $60 worth of chip equipment. And dsm 450cc injectors are cheap. A little work tuning and you are good to go and very safely. I would be worried about blackening rings and scarring your cylinders with stock injectors. You get up to push your full 9psi and it needs more fuel to even the mixture with the extra air being forced in. those injectors probably put out there full flow at about 7 psi so could make things very ugly very quickly.

·
Ferio inspired
90' Civic sedan
2,441 Posts
sell the FMU, sell the fields, and sell the Vafc. buy Uberdata/Hondata or something and get a decent basemap. did the Greddy kit some with the blue box or emange at least? :beer:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts