Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i was just wondering what is the best/cheapest throttle body to use for a turbo build...or do u guys know what the max size of a d15b throttle body..thanks guys

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
max bore can bore your TB out for 100 beans....prolly your best bet...gotta pay to play. turboing a car...even HMT way will get expensive

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
max bore can bore your TB out for 100 beans....prolly your best bet...gotta pay to play. turboing a car...even HMT way will get expensive
do u know what the max size would be.....if its like 68 or so i would be fine with 100$ .....better then buying a skunk 2 that is 68/70 for over 250$ u know

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
do u know what the max size would be.....if its like 68 or so i would be fine with 100$ .....better then buying a skunk 2 that is 68/70 for over 250$ u know
That's a huge throttle body...

I honestly don't know what would be ideal for boost, but I would think 62 or 64 should be fine.

·
Registered
826 Posts
man you'll be good to go with a 60mm tb. any more will fuck up your air velocity

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Just pick up a B series tb for 50 bucks, port match it to your intake manifold and be done with it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
man you'll be good to go with a 60mm tb. any more will fuck up your air velocity
That's definitely true in a N/A application. In fact, for most setups, 60mm would be too big as it is.

Although, like I said, I really don't know what the best size would be if you're boosting to the 300+ whp range...

·
R2.....Zap Balls
5,186 Posts
you'll be fine with oem. Bizzar is making 300+ with the stock im, tb, and head.

·
insert user title here
3,014 Posts
my tb and im were both stock and this was on a 405 hp setup.
on pump gas i was probably in the 350 range. of course this was a z6 tb but that shows that oem works just fine.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
my tb and im were both stock and this was on a 405 hp setup.
on pump gas i was probably in the 350 range. of course this was a z6 tb but that shows that oem works just fine.
Well, I think this thread is now closed :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts