Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanted to know how hot the cast and turbo manifold (exhaust manifold) gets?? temperature wise and the charge pipings for intercoolers. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
330 Posts
VERY HOT......lemme c if I can give an example...so hot that the mani can start to glow....kinda what it looks like when you heat a paperclip w/ a lighter

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
would that be 1200 degrees hot?? or more??? i just painted it w/ 1200 degrees duplicolor w/ ceramic paint

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hopefully the paint i am using will hold and not chip off....

duplicolor black w/ ceramic 1200degrees dyno tested

E

·
0 Posts
if seen a few mani's glow.

1200 might be good enough. But it depends on your set up

·
the MAD scientist
2,574 Posts
Prep work is the key to a good paint job, by removing all rust and grease.

Oil or coolant accidentally spilled on it will fuck up the paint much faster than heat.

D

·
0 Posts
It may work and it may not. The last exhaust stuff I painted was on a small block chev. Paint (duplicolor) was toast before the truck even warmed up! But the problem there was not letting it cure right the directions on the ceramic infused stuff says some shit about curing at 200 degrees or something. So my geuss is let it cure at least in the house for a few days before putting it on but dont get upset if it all bakes off. Either way Good luck

·
Registered
466 Posts
It's a 50/50 chance. Use the High Heat Clear Duplicolor offers. It'll help keep the paint on a little longer. I use the duplicolor paints on valve covers when I get to my friend's shop to spray my covers with real automotive paint. You've got to use the clear tho! The clear will help all the liquids from eating away the paint, and also give extra protection with the heat. Good luck!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
That high temp paint chips off pretty easily. the 1200* stuff will chip off. 1500* does "okay". 1800*+ can stay on for a decent amount of time. It will chip off sooner or later. Especially if you dont prep the material well. I saw someone attempt to bake 1800* paint in hopes it would help. I'm not sure what the results were/will be.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
BOYURLAZY said:
hopefully the paint i am using will hold and not chip off....

duplicolor black w/ ceramic 1200degrees dyno tested
Nope that shit sucks.. I used it on my 02 Civic N/A motor on header and it melted right off after Started up car. And I know my 02 dont get that hot @ all.. My Turbo EG gets hella hot though..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts