Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 civic
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you still run a turbo with a/c and power steering? I heard that both of these would have to come off if you were to install a turbo.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would write down your exact specifications e.g. chassis, engine, manifold, turbo, how you want to route piping, etc. Then do an image search of cars similar do your setup and see if they have a/c and power steering. If this doesn't net you anything then fabricating your own manifold may be required if you want to retain those accessories. That's a really open ended question by the way.

·
Registered
Love the Civic
1,817 Posts
All depends on manifold/turbo size, you need to research before you embarrass your self in your Honda, much less others.

·
Registered
94 Integra
1,226 Posts
It's possible but not easy. The ebay kits certainly won't w/o serious modding, but most of the cheap log manifolds will. If you can't fab yourself, chances are you'll spend a lot on a custom manifold & downpipe.

I'll be finishing my "refresh" in spring - a/c with turbo. I'm using the "tacotaco" cast log, custom downpipe & dump tube (recirculated), custom piping, and custom feed/drain - all made by me. The only thing I didn't make 100% is the exhaust - it's a cheap 3" SS that I've modded to adapt. I could fit p/s, but it was already taken off nearly a decade ago.

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
4,380 Posts
so, does google not exist where you are? or are you trolling?

hint. go-auto

·
Registered
ej8
6,365 Posts
Can you still run a turbo with a/c and power steering? I heard that both of these would have to come off if you were to install a turbo.
Yes you are correct.
You will have to take off everything that isnt bolted down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts