Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed my turbo stuff on my 97 civic (d16y7).

Only stuff that matters for the CEL's I'm guessing are this:

obd I chipped p(not a 28, I forgot which it is)
OBD II > I conversion harness
Doubt this has anything to do with it, but a moto. 2.5 bar map installed, wired correctly, along with dsm450's and resistor box, also wired correctly.

Running xenocron basemap he wrote for me. I didn't change any other electronics.

Now I'm getting code 14 (IACV) and 22. 22 is something with VTEC which my car doesn't have vtec so IDK why I'm getting that. And the IACV I'm guessing has something to do with the 3 wire IAC?

just need some help to get these codes off before I go to get tuned. Thanks guys.

BTW didn't have any codes before the turbo parts install.

·
Registered
705 Posts
To run obd-1 you'll need a two wire IACV. Easiest, cheapest way around this is a d16y8 IM. If you search you will find a pin-out diagram you'll want to see before attempting the two wire conversion.

·
nonvtak ftw
5,230 Posts
Sounds like you got a P06 ecu that is moded to run vtec... so the vtec needs to be shut off.
To run obd-1 you'll need a two wire IACV. Easiest, cheapest way around this is a d16y8 IM. If you search you will find a pin-out diagram you'll want to see before attempting the two wire conversion.
here is the diagram. http://www.ff-squad.com/tech/wiring/wiring.96-98_a-plug.jpg since you have changed the dx ecu you will now have to asses this problem.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I just looked at the chart for performing a 3 wire to 2 wire conversion. What it actually needed from the 2 wire connector? Could you not just depin the orange wire and still run the 3 wire?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm not swapping intake manifold and re-doing my charge piping etc etc.

Can I just buy a 2 wire IAC and the plug and swap it and re-pin on the ECU?

Or can I just have the tuner disable the IACV and tune without it. I know cars with very large injectors and aftermarket intake manifolds do this and run fine after tuning.

I would like to get this sorted out tomorrow so I can tune this week or next. Just looking for a solid answer. Thanks

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks that's all I needed, that seems like the simplest solution, espically when I have to switch back to stock for Inspection here in NY. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nevermind about disabling it. I just spoke to Chris, he said it would make tuning easier with an IACV on there. So I still need to know if its possible to use a two wire IAC on the y7 intake mani somehow?? I'm pretty sure I have a two wire iac lying around, so I would like to use it and get this done...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The way people do with sheet metal intake manifolds. Make a plate for the two wire IACV to mount it on, with a nipple to go to a vacuum source.

Question, I made the plate and all but idle is still very high and surges a little. On the throttle body, the old IACV is still mounted. Is it open when unplugged? AKA causing a vacuum leak? If so I have to make a block off plate for it too.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts