Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i were to build my own turbo kit, would i be able to turbo my stock d16y8 without any major modifications?? i am not talkin like 20psi i am talkin only 6-8psi?? thanks

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
yes, stock y8 can handle quite a bit...6-8 is almost nothing for it...taking into consideration you're not redlining stoplight to stoplight

·
I also have a cool title
3,124 Posts
I say u go for an already made kit....Specially if u r a n00b...I kinda wish i woulda gone that route. I bought parts back in the day that i really didnt need or they werent the right specific part because i didnt know better. If u really wanna go turbo and do it BY YOURSELF.......Wait and read everything u can for atleast a month or 2

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry, yes i am a noob but i heard that with those kits you are paying for alot of stuff you do not need. and just wanted to say that i have nothing but good things to say about this site, everytime i have a question it is answered with like 5 mins thanks everyone

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
youre welcome...*bow*...kits are very very good, people who say they *have parts you dont need* are looking to further upgrade and make a turbo system exactly how they wanted...kits are just as it sounds...kits, ready to go out of the box...unless you know what youre doing and want to be able to tune it and do more than just slappin it on, then yes, build one...but i say go kit

·
Registered
286 Posts
i'm pushing 10psi in my y8..got 8 injector on a x-manifold and the 4 extra being controll by a haltech F5 ECU.. works great untill i smog it and i had to remove my turbo..just been lazy to put it back in and now my motor got piss at me and blew up..spun a rob bearing i think..189k miles on the ODM!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok then i will go with the kit i guess. any suggestions?? i have seen some on ebay for about 6 or 7 hundred. but it don't come with injectors or intercoolers and the greddy doesn't come with intercooler either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
stock internal one more here..... :)

·
Registered
491 Posts
Turbonetics makes a nice kit for your Y8 and it comes with a Spearco FM intercooler and everything else you need. I installed one on a friends car and everything went on like butter.... just how it should. Most times it doesnt work out like that. Im kinda partial to Turbonetics......I run 1 of their turbo's on my car, but thats just me :). If you check EBay you can usually find a nice used kit for around $1000-$1200 with everything you need. Keep us informed how your search goes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts