Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey im a Noob just got a good deal on a kit from turbo specialties... I got the Extreme kit... Just wondering if anyone has any info on this fuel system with the two extra injectors?

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts

·
Registered
3,720 Posts
Auxiliary injector setups are shit. Your intake manifold is not designed to have fuel in it, you have to have provisions for puddling, evaporation, etc, like with a carburetted engine.
Best case scenario its just a pain in the ass, worst case scenario you blow your engine due to uneven fuel distribution.

You already have one of the best EMS systems ever, and it came stock with the car. its called the OBD-I Honda ECU. Get some injectors, get chipped, and tuned. The end.

Sell the aux injector setup to someone else who doesnt know any better.

EDIT:
The link above doesnt say anything about aux injectors, it says it comes with a rising rate fuel pressure regulator (FMU), which is almost as stupid as auxiliary injectors...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya kinda stupid that they would sell something for top price and it has a crap fuel system. The rest isnt a bad kit though. If i bought something like this at retail id be pissed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya my buddy bought a civic and it came with it he bought a civic just for gas mileage he isnt into moddin cars so he sold it to me for cheap with new 3 gauge pod still in the box so i couldnt pass it up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts