Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, so Im finally able to boost my del sol si. Im gonna go with a t3/t4 ebay kit and hoping to run 12-15psi on the stock d16z6 block. Im using the civic dx tranny (its long) Have dsm 450cc injectors, and turbo xs rfl bov. And im getting a phereable.net tune from Vega. Input?

·
Banned
752 Posts
Vega will probably give you a little grief about the kit, but he got mine running nice with a street tune using eCtune on a chipped p28.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i dont know much but what I do know is through trial and error I had a t3/t4 ebay setup when I bought my car and had trouble after trouble now I have a 14b setup much much nicer but hell who am I just my $0.02

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im currently out of town, but when im back home and start piecing it together, I'll have pics up! What do you mean about Vega giving me grief?

And yeah I forgot, Im planning on studding the head. (ARP)

·
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread
11,969 Posts
I say get rid of the huge wheels on it. (by the looks of your avatar) Smaller wheels :arrow: less rotational mass.

·
Banned
752 Posts
By grief I mean he doesn't like those cheap ebay kits. I have one on my sedan, don't worry he'll tune it. I'd also check to see if Jap or Alpha can tune it for you too. I miss the Tampa area, you've got like 5 or 6 shops that cater to imports.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By grief I mean he doesn't like those cheap ebay kits. I have one on my sedan, don't worry he'll tune it. I'd also check to see if Jap or Alpha can tune it for you too. I miss the Tampa area, you've got like 5 or 6 shops that cater to imports.
Oh okay, thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think a ebay kit is a good start if you want to boost your car, i have one in my car , and it's been running very well for 7 months on stock engine with no problems, so good luck with your build man ¡¡¡

·
Poop Sock
3,798 Posts
if i were you....... well number one..... ebay kit is an ebay kit, nuff said. and that much on a stock D doesnt sound too promising, not for very long anyways. but crazier shit has been done

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think a ebay kit is a good start if you want to boost your car, i have one in my car , and it's been running very well for 7 months on stock engine with no problems, so good luck with your build man ¡¡¡
How many psi btw?

and yeah I know that Im pushin it with the stock block, but ive seen it done and not too worried if i blow it right now. The head studs will help.

about the ebay kits...Ive seen 4 real life, and they seem to be decent. Just some of the parts need to be replaced or reenforced. The turbo's themselves seem decent enough.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
What kind of trouble?
turbos going out i killed 2 in a row they both lasted like 2 days combined haha

cracked turbo manifold.. it held up for about a month

othe people have issues with the oil lines etc.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
turbos going out i killed 2 in a row they both lasted like 2 days combined haha

cracked turbo manifold.. it held up for about a month

othe people have issues with the oil lines etc.
oh yeah ive had friends crack the manifolds, but im getting a cast manifold. Im gonna use the intercooler kit, heards its decent. and i just bought a used turbo t3/t4.

getting hks turbo timer and controller tomm :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah pics will be up in about 2 weeks. On summer vacation and all mi parts and car are back in florida. Just buying parts and shipping them to mi room mate.

I didn't get the hks parts, but got a turbo xs boost controller.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pics are up, shes running hard too, even on the tranny (im still gonna get the si) waxed a ls turbo last night. and running the track tonight.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts