Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering about this. would a turboed d16 in a 1900 lb cx hatch with an exhaust, pulley's, and a pnp intake mani and throttle body and clutch and flywheel walk on a b16 del sol with i/e/h and a clutch and flywheel? just wondering. i have a couple people around where i live who id like to shut up. one being a gsr powered del sol who spend nearly 6000 dollars for a motor to go into a car to run 15s. :roll:

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
really depends how much boost you're running and everything. personally, i'd say yeah, any day. easiest way to find out is to race them. but if it were me, i'd say you'd hand their ass to them

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea not a problem it would own that b16. running 7 lbs of boost lets say on a greddy kit gives you like 180 wheel power, where the b16 "might" have 135 wheel pwoer or 140. so no guessing there.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep thats what i was thinking, i think its about time to in debt. :twisted:

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not to mention the weight of a del slow :shock:

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
My old D15B7 with 118 whp never had a problem with B16 Sols or 99-00 SiBUSes...........I would walk them to 125 mph.

Now a swapped CRX (way lighter) with B16, I didn't fare too well.

·
D-Series O.G.
116 Posts
B16 del slo = owned ....especially with what you mentioned

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Put a B in your lunch box man..........good luck.........

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
who's knockin the heavy del sols!!! :x
they the same weight as EG coupes, cuz we got the a few luxury's... power locks,windows,ac... doesn't seem to hold me back too much tho

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i agree with the man above. I have a turbo d15b7 del sol s, running 7psi on stock exhaust it pulls pretty damn hard, and ive beaten a b16 eg hatchback with bolt ons. del sols arent as heavy as you all think.

·
the hard-parker
4,257 Posts
that wasn't really the question though. it's a turbo'd D against a b16 del sol.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i have not lost to any sol yet. ever. i raced a guy witha gsr turbo and 18psi n his car. i was doign 250 and i still won. think it was more driver than car. but the point is never think you lost because some has this or that. you can still win if your wanting to harder.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oscarmayer said:
i have not lost to any sol yet. ever. i raced a guy witha gsr turbo and 18psi n his car. i was doign 250 and i still won. think it was more driver than car. but the point is never think you lost because some has this or that. you can still win if your wanting to harder.
dude you are the biggest bullshitter i have ever seen....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oscarmayer said:
i have not lost to any sol yet. ever. i raced a guy witha gsr turbo and 18psi n his car. i was doign 250 and i still won.
I could miss two gears in a GSR running 18psi and still bust low 13's and you beat a Sol with a swap/turbo? You're a freakin retard, so just shut up now.... If you actually did get a head of the car, the dude wasn't racing you.

·
Brokedick Millionaire
40,237 Posts
I favor oscarmayer.........

what if the 18 psi GSR could never get the power down??????

SOHC just walking away.........

1 - 20 of 38 Posts