Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im currently building a D16z6 with a fully built head(port job,Valve's etc)
will have vitara's eventually which i think would put my compression around 8.5:1 so my question 2 u guys is what tubo would you use to get 350whp with as quick spool time as possible on 91octane pump gas??

·
Registered
302 Posts
make that much power your going to need a big turbo. 50 trim might get the job done but the bigger the turbo the horsepower your going to make. id go with a 57trim turbo and should make that power easy.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Well im sure you know the t3/t4s are a poor mans turbo. If you looking for that kinda power+quick spool, your gonna have to go BB. When you say quick spool how soon would you like it?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i want full boost around 3000-3500 rpm. and it has to be a T3/T4 cause i already have a stainless tubular manifold with a t3 flange. also will getting a lighter flywheel increase spool time?

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
Yes a flywheel can help. So people just cant get traction with one too light. If you have to run a T3....and want it to spool at that low...Im not sure your gonna be able to get the power your aimin for.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
buy the smallest turbo you can, that is capable of 350whp.
X2 - TOTALLY AGREE!!!

i want full boost around 3000-3500 rpm. and it has to be a T3/T4 cause i already have a stainless tubular manifold with a t3 flange.
Full boost at 3000-3500 rpm and 350hp... come on be realistic... maybe in 5th from a 20mph roll LOL. The Boost pressure you build is dependent on load/gear
You need to do some more research...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well what i really want is for power to come on as early as possible cause i do alot of city driving(light to light) so id be willing to sacrifce some power and get a smaller turbo to get earlier spool times

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
If you want quick spool times for light to light just get a T3. A little more power you can get a T3/T4 but it will only need to be like a .48 if that.

·
1.8 nawz powa
6,579 Posts
No problem man, what were here for. I had a buddy who had a bone stock y8 with a T3 and he put down 210whp so maybe if the turbo do max out you can get close to 300.

·
Random Hero
2,624 Posts
yes it will.

you wont want a light flywheel for light to light driving.

another point to consider: withan ex/si tranny you can rev the engine pretty quicky in first and second gear.

I like the idea of turning down your power goals for better power usability. really you want the flattest torque curve you can get, not 350whp.

people might not be impressed when you say 270 whp daily driver, but when you give them a ride, they might shit themselves.

·
Registered
13,322 Posts
^Great torque there! T-bird turbo is probably going to be my first turbo... Just gotta decide on the auto turbo (.48/.63) or the manual turbo (.60/.63). Guessing for the quicker spool, go with the .48...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts