Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Will Do Handstands For Pussy!!!
2,875 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I'm Aaron; H2B brother. I have been looking at this turbo section just about all day. Im looking to put together a fully built D-series. I have looked at some of ya'lls setup and plans, im just looking for input from people, where you went to buy, and how much. Im not trying to start another dumb thread but just looking for helpful information. My goal is somewhere around 450whp that can maintain its street-ability. I see people are going with the Vitara pistons on stock block but im looking to sleeve, new rods, pistons ect. FULL BUILD. I like some of the budget builds but I want a good reliable bullet proof motor for around 4-5k. The car I have is a 97 EK hatch. Any positive feedback is greatly appreciated.:TU:

·
My 91 Crx Hf
2,164 Posts
fjt for the rebuild and vitaras/rods, autoworks for the turbo, idk about 450 on vitara's though most i've seen was 405whp by a member on here (can't remember name but its a 4 door, and some good videos)...

but both fjt and autoworks are in the sponser, and forsale sections

·
Friend of the D
3,069 Posts
Can you get E85 in your area? Sleeves, forged rods, and forged pistons are great, but if all you can get is 91 octane in your area, that's going to limit your power output in the end. Check out Autoworks build thread here in the FI section. His car should be "streetable" and put down the kind of numbers you're talking about. I think he just posted a summary of his engine specs on the last page.

·
Registered
867 Posts
yea know to be honest with you and may be to get real here. As long as you use good parts, parts from one of the big manufactures and get a good tune (very important) you should be fine.

First thing, where do you live ? then we can recommend a tuner.

Talk with the tuner and find out what fuel management he works with.

for rods, most use eagle
pistons, any good band, what's your budget ? Wiseco's and CP are the best. We like Wiseco's, better customer service.

for cam, Comp Cams/ZEX 300 Series with springs and retainers.

sleeves send your block to either Golden Eagle or Darton. Our new Hot Rod engine was done by GE contact rota92 on turbod16 or Honda-Tech and see if he can get you a better price. (rota's my son).

have your oil pump checked and the spring shimmed for higher oil pressure.

you should be fine a good valve job, no need to spend big money on expensive valves.
If you decide you want to have the head p&p'ed I highly recommend Brad at RLZ, not cheap but he is one of the best if not the best. again contact rota,

There are a few lessor know porters on this site that can do a cheaper job, may be as good, it's your money.

New OEM ignition may be good enough.

Next thing you'll want to do is start making a list of what you think you'll need. then ask questions and begin to put prices next to the items.

I have a good idea on the basics I let rota92 pick the exact pieces. In the past 6 years we came from a body kit and paint, with Apexi turbo kit with 186whp, to 212whp, 280whp, 425whp and 586whp. So rota has a good idea what it takes.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Speedfactory here in WA runs a Y8 with Vitara's and a stock block = 442whp. Its not a DD though!!! (at least im pretty sure its not)

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
Near future for me is just running 10 pounds on my totally stock D15B. However, I have already started building the replacement for it because I came across some very good deals.

Z6 Block (have)
Darton sleeved by Exospeed (still need)
Endyn modified oil pump (have the pump, still need to get it to Larry)
Arias Pistons (have)
Crower Rods (have)
OEM Bearings (need)
P&P'd head (have)
Crower cam (have)
Supertech springs and retainers (have)

Daily Driver.

·
i save your ass when you wreck
6,693 Posts
what do u kno..i got my little bro into hondas and d-series. first thing he told me when i said go turbo d.. he said fuck that. fuck a d.. then he saw the light! lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts