Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure on what turbo to go with. i want to go over 300 whp or more so advice is welcome and needed.

ok so here it is:
head: y8 with supertech valves, crower springs & retainers. it has a really nice p&p job on it :lol:sexy . it was milled .020. crower cam, dc sports cam gear, 60mm tb. i might p&p my intake mani. arp head stud kit.

block: im getting forged pistons .020 over(what comp should I get), eagle rods, block guard or post.

y8 tranny with exedy clutch and ACT pro flywheel.

other stuff:
cometic .030 hg, fpr. i think i have 2 1/2 inch pipe i cant remember (its not smaller than 2 1/4 for sure).

i am going to tune this with a chipped p28.

i want to build my own turbo kit so no "just buy the greddy kit."

any advice help ideas are very welcome.

O

·
0 Posts
compression should be about a 9.5:1 on the pistons.

turbo kit,s well you have 2 choices.
1- prefabed kit (later greddy ktis can product "up to" 300 wheel power")
2- custom setup. it depends on $ and time you want tin invest. a good cuistom kit will run you close or more than the cost of the greddy kit, but it will support you well into your needs.

O

·
0 Posts
if you go custom, you can get a T3-T4 setup withthe .48 exhaust and a .50 ar compresor side using a 54-57 trim and it would work just fine. it woudl even support up to 375 hp.

J

·
0 Posts
A nice t3 would be nice either wat oscarmayer said or you could go a little smaller, i have a t3 with .42/.48 and it does its job just fine.

S

·
0 Posts
the block guard is a waist of time. If fact they really dont do much and if they are install wrong that can damage you motor.

Good call on the Greddy kit its junk.

Here are few sites that will help.

good infowww.homemadeturbo.com/

Perfessional ECU Chipping www.xenocron.com

All the info you need to build you own kit is on those two sites, but look everywhere for infor.

good luck

Austin :america:

O

·
0 Posts
No Greddy kti si not junk. Where are you guys hearing this CRAP from? My Gosh guys, your stating opinions from kids as if they wre tested fACTs and they are NOT....

FACTS:
-the 96-2k greddy kit support up to 300 wheel pwoer with injector resizing and retuning of the e-manage
- made from top quality components and has warranties on stuff
- has technicial support to contact if you have issues
- direct bolt on and fitment so it's easy to install

Myths:
- are junk (never had any support to back this up what so ever. peopel stat e this and never explain why.)
- turbo is too small. (see facts)
- crappy manifold (tell me again why the HF manifold and used saab turbo is better again?)

O

·
0 Posts
no it will work, but it doens;t support 300 wheel powe.r it;'s a very tiny turbo. If your going to get that much power, then you need to somerthing that's quality and STAY away from a used t3 only turbo. if you know someone selling a good quality t3/t4 setup that's a different ball game
t25 won't get you the power you want. it may get you 250 but that's about all.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
Gt28RS is nice. I'm happy with my Super 16g turbo (Basically it's a 16g with a 10CM (0.70) Exhaust...) The td05h turbine wheel is small enough to spool fast, and the housing is large enough to flow on the top end. My block is built 77mm 10:1 comp. I'd go 9.5:1 comp if it did it again.
I agree with Oscar about the new greddy kit. They are nice - and they are easy

1 - 11 of 11 Posts