Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys i am thinking about turbo on my d16y8 with 123,000 . I have done a compression test and all four are good. I am getting the setup from a friend that had it on his car for about a year or so. He Just ran a fmu to tune it. It has everyhting i need for 650. Is it safe to run stock everything on 7 psi with a fmu for tuning?

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
DUDE search the site, i just gave u the best link you need, i dont need to explain it again, its been told 90805 times, they are cheap pos, FMU do nothing but xplode engines. and if you are that ghetto to think its only 7psi or w/e...then sure go ahead, use it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude you dont have to be a dick about it. I know it has been said over and over but i wanted to know what differnt people think. Ok thanks for the link. but just posting a link doesnt really do anything unless i knwo what it is. But thanks for the input.

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
A FMU is like playing Russian roulette, some people win and then theres those that don't. you cant be sure which one of those people you will be.

·
Registered
100 Posts
get a obd2 to obd1 ecu conversion harness then run a chipped obd1 ecu with chrome or something else. you can get a base map from xenocron but you still need to get your car tuned.
what size injectors do you have? what all comes with the kit?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
I ran a 12:1 FMU for about 3 months at 6-9psi on a stock d15b8

I'm replacing the clutch,timing components & other stuff & I'm putting it back on with the fmu,

I will say that a chipped ecu IS the way to go. (to get the peak HP you want out of your setup...)
but a fmu does work

it killed my gas milage like crazy...but I boosted everyday
driving about 5-10 miles a day costed 15-25$ in gas every 2 days at 3$ a gallon for like 2 months straight...(premium)
it was hard to stay out of boost

(but it all really depended on how I drove..)

but yea....
fmu works but for some reason I just bought a chipping kit...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts