Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some kinda nissan turbo'd car comes stock with it (not sure I think its s14) and I was wondering how hard would it be to set up ITB's for turbo? has anyone on D-series.org or any other site done it before on a honda motor?

·
Registered
66 Posts
there are gains to the itbs but the amount of gain for a turboed car it really wouldnt be worth in unless you were running a fairly high amount of boost. the n/a cars see around an 11hp gain with them

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so Im guessing its not worth it, some guy on S2k forums did it and I saw a b series with one, but didnt say what are the pro's and cons about it

·
Registered
720 Posts
That's alot of time and cash for something u can do with just a turbo.If u want to be different and u have the cash to spend, do a twin charge set up (turbo & SC) but it would be point less too.

·
Registered
5,511 Posts
Tuning the boost part would be no problem, but the vac/lag area would be harder.

There was a guy who did a high-comp(~11:1) turbo ITB'd GSR on H-T. His name was TonyTiger or something like that; but his turbo was hidden and it pretty much looked like an N/A engine.

You'd probably see a slight decrease in power but increase response(If you've noticed; the road-course Skylines retain the ITBs while the high-powered top-speed and drag Skylines have the single TB).

·
Registered
314 Posts
yea ur throttle response would be amazing but idk how much of a gain u wud see but i mean in the end it would sound like a street bike and blow off so hey why not ha.
ITBs rock. my friend's toyota corolla has a 4AGE 20V with ITBs and that thing revs like crazy.

I don't think you would see too much of a loss of power as long as you chose a moderately sized set of ITBs. Some have velocity stacks built in to reduce this.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts