Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what would be the best set up with turbo on a d16z6 stock engine on a eg hatch with p28 ecu? wanna run turbo on a safe mode until i start building the engine, but lmk what you guys would do first.

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
thanks guys, looks like im going with a t3 turbo kit, arp studs, and a performance head gasket what you think guys
Can't think of anything without a clue as to your goals. What's your power goals? What do you plan to DO with that power, drag race, autox, fuck around on the streets? If you want a one size fits all option, go buy a greddy or edelbrock kit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is still gonna be my daily driver to work, not expecting 1000whp, just something that on my way to work someone wants a piece of i can handle it to him, no matter if i loose or win, will have a goo satisfaction of it.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
get a Greddy or Edelbrock kit (Greddy - Cheaper; Edelbrock - better)
If you want to learn a lot, and want to HMT a kit, then start reading and researching a LOT...

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
Dont buy an e-bay one...I ran one for 6k miles...at the 6k mile marker manifold cracked and turbo blew to shit...

·
Worst Mechanic Ever!
EG
2,915 Posts
Thats why I said greddy or edelbrock. If the kit isn't by those guys, you will not be happy. It'll either break or just be... "eh".

Ebay kits are either missing parts that people here would consider essential, or they use dirt cheap parts that break or have to be modified to work. Honestly, if I were you, I'd do some reading and try to get an idea of an HP range you would like. 160-180? 200-220? 250-300? Also, pay attention to spooling. The bigger the turbo, the longer it takes to spool. You don't want to make the mistake of getting a bigger turbo than what fits your goals.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
i was lookin at that same exact kit......by far the best lookin one on ebay but still gets bad revies by ppl (even ones who've never touched one)......after reading alot on here im just gonna hmt insead of buyin a kit.....seems more practical

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
If money is tight...i would recomend not going turbo till you save up more money or get a better job or somthing...it gets expensive rather quickly.

·
The Master Fabricator
2,038 Posts
If money is tight...i would recomend not going turbo till you save up more money or get a better job or somthing...it gets expensive rather quickly.

So true... my build started cheap and ended up costing thousands because I wanted to do it all at once...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts