Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had my turbo (GT2860RS) rebuilt by a reputable shop before i put it on my car. Ive had it on for like barely 2 months and now i have noticed that the car is smoking and going through oil. I took the intercooler piping off the cold side and oil came leaking out all over the ground. I am running an oil restrictor. Any reason as to why these seals on the cold side would be shot soo soon?
Thanks.

·
Registered
7,611 Posts
Might have to install a gauge in line with the turbo to see how much oil pressure your giving it.

If you have too much oil pressure, even if your running a restrictor its still going to be putting out too much oil.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My oil feed line is -3an and my oil restrictor is a go-autoworks 0.035" restrictor.
I have an oil pressure gauge in my car. What kind of oil pressure should i be at?
Motor is all stock....d15b.

·
Premium Member
178 Posts
Just take a quick pic of your drain and put it here. ;)
The same goes for crankcase ventilation.. do you have it modified or it's still like stock?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ill get some pics up today.
Stock pcv has been pulled out. I have a catch can with a filter....and it has 2 -10an lines going to the valve cover and a drain on the catch can with a -12an line that goes to the block (vent and drain).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts