Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys. Tried searching for something that will help me turbo my d16z2 engined rover. cant seem to find anything about the z2 kits etc. Just wondering what kit i should go for as i want an easy install, want a complete kit so does the intercooler come with it as does the hoses etc?

Also i dont want to start messing with the injectors, ecu etc. just bolt on and go basically. will want decent power from the kit, but want it reliable as i use the car 7 days a week. have done nothing to the engine apart from filter and exhaust, manual transmission and is in pretty good condition. Please help as i dont want to spend mega bucks and want something easy to install. Please keep it simple to understand coz im so new to this stuff, thanx a lot guys!!

P.S. some pics of my motor!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since you are from the same shitty country as me albiet it further down. Ill use my very limited knowledge to try to help you. If you want an easy option for more power and dont want to have to start "messing about". You are not going to enjoy what you have to do to get a turbo setup running.
It is going to take alot of work and studying to get it right.You cant just slap on a turbo and thats it, read the guides in here to how it all works. Iam building up an engine and f/i setup myself, iam learning as i go along, without this forum i would never have really thought about it properly, its a superb database of info be humble and listen/learn. Thats if you really are serious about doing this. It will also cost you alot of coin, even if we get all the stuff from the states, its still looking at at least £1k, and thats if you go custom, a complete kit such as greddy you will no doubt pay more. Then you will run into the problem of having the thing tuned. Its bad enough for me to try and find someone here that can tune a honda let alone a turbo one, but id imagine if you try to ask a company to help you tune a turbo rover they will either laugh in your face or rip you off big time(doesnt it suck being in the uk). So to top it off, if you want power thats not going to cost you megabucks and is easy to install a turbo setup is not it.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
UK sucks big time. Ill have to start saving some pounds then had'nt i? cheers for the reply mate! Are we the only 2 here from The United Ripoff? How much did ur setup cost and where did u get it from?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think there is a few from the uk on here, not to sure how many. Ive had my car for a few years now ive got a 94 eg civic with d16z6. Ive bought another engine from a breakers for £250 as a spare and so when i no doubt screw up doing this, i still have the faithfull lump in the car. Buying the parts has been expensive,also considering i was building the thing up for a big shot of giggle gas, then changed my mind to go turbo wasnt fun. Ill not go into all the shit ive bought but its alot and i havent even got the turbo sorted yet. Im trying to learn how to do the engine man stuff myself by using uberdata, its good fun and iam really enjoying the challenge of doing this. Iam prob going to end up spending close to £2-3 k in the end. But hopefully itll be worth it when i can scare a few subarus and wipe the floor with b16's :twisted: Again its all thanks to this forum, study it up son.
Peace.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts