Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got a Turbonetics T3 .48 A/R and I'm trying to figure out some of my options for rebuilding my turbo. I got the turbo from from a member here and was told it has a broken plastic washer in it and it has some shaft play (which it does). He recommended Turbosunleashed.com they want $350 for a rebuild and it comes with a 2 yr warranty. I heard Precision turbo does it fairly cheap. I called Turbonetics since there local and they want $100 for inspection to see what is need and a flat $290 for the rebuild not including anything that might need replacing. The $100 gets absorbed into the parts cost though if i you get a rebuild I guess. What about rebuilding a turbo myself is it worth it? The only reason I want to take it some place is because i heard they balance them somehow( don't know if thats correct). Let me know what you guy's opinions are.

Edit: Also Turbonetics said if its more than 4 years old they have to put a different impeller on it and housing

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
its not hard to rebuild your self ..... as long as the housings are not all scuffed up

just send the shaft out to be balanced..

·
Registered
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Most places scribe the compressor and compressor nut to the shaft and then reassemble it.

The $150 Blaast rebuild is an awesome price. I think I would go with that.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
it just screwed up in the last few days

1 - 9 of 9 Posts