Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,
im rebuilding a d15b7 and am having trouble finding some rods for it..i just got into the d's so dont know any shops online that sell parts for it....plz help!?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya thats true but can i run the stock rods if im only going to boost 7-8psi? and what kind of bearings do u suggest?

·
Well?
10,814 Posts
well, FJT, a sponsor here is in the works for creating some D15 rods. Crower is the only company with them right now but the are ubber expensive. You could get some stock rods shot peened or get some LS rods, get them machined to fit and use them. OE bearings are fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Don't mean to thread jack but I'm building the same engine, turbo engine. I wanted to go with a budget build and need some low compression pistons. Where can I find them and what kind of $?

·
Registered
218 Posts
If your going to build a d15b7 block, your best bet is to wait for FJT to bring out a rod for the USDM d15b crank. He is also probably going to come out with a superkit with vitara pistons and the d15b rod. Crower, as usual, makes a d15b7 rod that is upward of $600 bucks, just for the rods.

You cannot machine LS rods to fit a USDM d15b crank, the rod journals are different sizes....so unless you can make a REALLY thick rod bearing...theres no way.

If you so wish to have a built d15b7 block, source a JDM d15b crank, it accepts d16 rods. Throw some eagles and vitaras on that and you have your low budget d15b. Provided you got the crank for cheap...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts