Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if my d16z6 is ready for turbo can i just put on the turbo kit with the oil lines attached my 255 walbro fuel pump 525cc injectors turno on the car and drive it regular no spoolin until i get to the tuner the same day

wats really good bc i ready!!:bigok:

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
can i just put on the turbo kit with the oil lines attached my 255 walbro fuel pump 525cc
So you want to put your turbo kit on and attach your oil likes to your 255 Walbro fuel pump?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no im just saying whats left to put on my car

So you want to put your turbo kit on and attach your oil likes to your 255 Walbro fuel pump?
no what i have left to put on my car witch is turbo kit and oil lines and put in my injectors and fuel pump at da same time and drive the car

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
since this is a pointless thread, what does the DSO peeps think about adding some kind of silencer/muffler to the wastegate dump tube. not routing back into the exhaust, but adding a real muffler like a Supertrapp or something similar

i know dumping wastegate to atmosphere is preferred for best performance. i just don't like the nasty exhaust leak sound all the time.

thoughts?

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
since this is a pointless thread, what does the DSO peeps think about adding some kind of silencer/muffler to the wastegate dump tube.

i know dumping wastegate to atmosphere is preferred for best performance. i just don't like the nasty exhaust leak sound all the time.

thoughts?
Some people just route it back into the dump tube, cuts down on noise and it's not terrible for performance.

·
Registered
86 MR2
1,401 Posts
since this is a pointless thread, what does the DSO peeps think about adding some kind of silencer/muffler to the wastegate dump tube. not routing back into the exhaust, but adding a real muffler like a Supertrapp or something similar

thoughts?
use a wg style similar to those on oem applications. evo, subi, most cars turbo'd from the factory don't have that "sneeze" so maybe theres something there that makes it like that. sorry not really a snail guy (hell barely even know squat about em')

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey fellas well can i get a straight answers instead of being laughed at bc i just wann know is it safe to drive wit my turbo on just to get it to my shop to tune it or does it have to get towed please lmk plse and thank u

·
Registered
340 Posts
you are not ready. read this section and the stickies until your eyes bleed.

then read the Engine Management section.

if you still have questions about something that was not covered, use the search bar at the top right with your specific query.

if through various permutations of searches you do not find your answer, make a post about it.

·
Registered
EK hatch
420 Posts
hey fellas well can i get a straight answers instead of being laughed at bc i just wann know is it safe to drive wit my turbo on just to get it to my shop to tune it or does it have to get towed please lmk plse and thank u
honestly DO NOT drive it without a tune...sorry its been a long summer already, stick around and you'll see what we mean. get compression test and everything perfect before you put your turbo on.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
You accidently a turbo build.

We got you man.

·
They call me Awesome!
4,447 Posts
edited previous post, do not want to dump back into main exhaust stream.

something like this maybe?? SuperTrapp: Performance Exhaust
No, that is designed to "muffle" that's designed to adjust backpressure. The only way you could use that effectively is if you put ever single adjustor plate in there, at that point it wouldn't muffle anything.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts