Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i am leaving the nitrous world and moving into boost, I bought a kit that is complete minus a external wastegate, I have a couple questions for the boost gurus.
1st- Is an adjustable (psi) wastegate a bad idea, I noticed most of them come with a set spring and i saw one that was adjustable for like $130 (ebay). How accurate and dependable are they

2- Where can i tap into for coolant for the turbo without leaks and crap, I dont care if i have to buy fittings and what not..

3- Catch can question. Pvc valve( black box) to bottom of catch can, and then top directly to manifold. Then put a breather on the valve cover ??? is this ok?? why cant i just leave pvc system hooked directly to mani. will it create to much pressure under boost or something

Sorry about all the questions, i searched what i could but didnt find exactly what i was looking for. I thank you in advance for your EXPIRIENCED replys

·
Registered
6,837 Posts
1. I would not buy a "questionable" wastegate. Buy a Tial the first time around.
2. Oil, use a dual feed block adaptor or plate. Water, use the fittings beneath the throttle body.
3. A catch can setup is not a requirement.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i already have the catch can, but dose it need to be hooked up diffrent? The 310's i have held 189hp in my car no prob, thats about what i shooting for with boost. I will buy the tial wastegate then

·
Registered
692 Posts
tial is a waist IMO ! get an ebay one, take it apart and use locktite on the 4 small screws.
catch can, use two lines. one from the valve cover and the second one from that black box. make sure that the valve is open, in other words drill through it. ;)

anything else ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts