Honda D Series Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if i buy a turbo that is both water cooled and oil cooled . would i still have to conect the water or can i just use the oil?

·
Registered
94 civic si
613 Posts
you can but if you connect the water lines it will make the life of your turbo longer. heat is the enemy of turbos, the more you cool it down the longer the bearings will last.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ic so if i dont connect the water lines it will b the same as a normal oil turbo?

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
yes. what kind of turbo are you referring to?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
God use the damn search key for the love of god.

·
Registered
91 Civic Si
197 Posts
The real question is why on Earth would you not want to connect the water lines???? There is really no good reason i can think of not to put in the small amount of extra effort and a few bucks for the lines to hook it up the right way.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
It's a KKK K26, it's off a porsche 944
a k26 is large enough to go without the coolant lines. just let the car idle for a minute before you turn off your motor. most factory turbos come with coolant lines. if you do decide to use the coolant lines, just take the coolant line that runs to the throttle body.

·
insert user title here
domestic.
3,015 Posts
drunkinmaster1

thanks man 4 the info. so you think the sohc will have some pull with the k26 turbo?
that im not sure. id like to see the size compared to a t3/t4. i do know that the 944s ranged between 2.5 to 3.0 liters. and porsche isn't known for undersizing their turbos. but then again the max they where running off of these turbos was around 250 hp @ 6,000 rpm, so rpms might take advantage of it. im very interested to find out. looks like a nice turbo.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Sweet turbo, it is up to you if you want to run the coolant lines or not. I would do it just for the hell of it, plus it makes you turbo happy :eek:

·
Registered
25 Posts
The real question is why on Earth would you not want to connect the water lines???? There is really no good reason i can think of not to put in the small amount of extra effort and a few bucks for the lines to hook it up the right way.
I completly agree...Hook them up i say.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Running the coolant lines are easy and worth it for the extra measure of security for your turbo. From what I hear, there is comapany who sponsors the site, that offers a water line kit for cheap.

:)

Craig

1 - 16 of 16 Posts