Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1995 pontiac sunfire
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 60-1 or 62-1 turbonetics, not sure i bought it used...i know it atleast a 60 series...i have it for a b-series build im going to do in the future..im thinking of doing a vitara build with eagle rods on my d16a6...i was wondering if this turbo would spool good on this motor....i know theres going to be some lag, but would it be worth putting on...i don't want to buy a new one considering i already have this one.....sorry for the long post...thanks in advance

·
Registered
Acura TL-P
6,837 Posts
I am not sure about the Turbonetics, but the Garrett 60-1 is a very "lazy" turbo on the SOHC, if you have a 62mm turbo then be prepared, don't blink or you may miss your power ban.

·
Registered
1995 pontiac sunfire
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that sounds pretty bad...do you think it will make good power...im just hoping it will have a decent powerband....anyone else have experience with this size turbo...

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
a 60mm inducer is complete overkill on anything smaller then a 1.8...
even then its pretty laggy

·
Registered
1995 pontiac sunfire
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that sucks, i just really dont want to buy a new turbo for the d-series...ive still got about $5,000 to put in the b-series..im getting tired of waiting and i want to do a cheap build...

·
Defender of the D
2,495 Posts
i have a similar situation. i have a garett super 60 and i'm wanting to put it on my z6. so by ya'lls call thats not that good of an idea?

·
the artist formerly known as drexelstudent11
3,983 Posts
i have a similar situation. i have a garett super 60 and i'm wanting to put it on my z6. so by ya'lls call thats not that good of an idea?
we're talking about a T04S 60-1

not a T3 super 60, which is very well suited to a street d

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
4200 isn't terribly bad, wonder how soon it would hit 19 or 20 psi.

·
Premium Member
4G93 Turbo
133 Posts
Ouch!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts