Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 2 weeks ago I took my car in to the local tuning shop to have them put a turbo kit that i put together on and have it tuned. they said while tuning that the #3 spark plug got fouled out, they replaced it and it dyno'd just fine after that. they said that I might have a problem with the msd ignition that i put in. ( MSD blaster coil and 6AL )

Just yesterday on my way home it felt like it was being flooded ( it didn't have any power) in gear so i put it in neutral and it stalled on me, it started right up after and got home. And it did it twice this morning. I haven't had time to check the plugs yet.

Anyone have any eyedea's??

·
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob
11,892 Posts
I mean if you're fouling plugs and you know you're fouling plugs then why are you asking us what the problem is. Not being a dick, I'm just saying.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that common for the plugs to foul?? i was wondering if you guys thought it would be something else. maybe with the ignition?? i don't know why it would run just fine for 2 weeks and then keep stalling??

·
11,892 Posts
is that common for the plugs to foul?? i was wondering if you guys thought it would be something else. maybe with the ignition?? i don't know why it would run just fine for 2 weeks and then keep stalling??

My apologies, I mis-understood you. I thought this was something that has been happening for two weeks, not something that just started. Honestly I have no clue.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No i just replaced all the spark plugs and soldered the wires for the MSD and went around the block and it still kills on me like it's being flooded.

·
11,892 Posts
What engine / what chassis? IS this an MPFI swapped car? I'm not familiar with the MSD.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It feels like it slowly is choked out, no shaking, it's like it's flooded and won't make power then cuts out. I'm starting to think that it's fuel related. I have 550cc injectors but i thought that the tune would take care of that.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
so it was fine before turbo and tune? maybe the tune is f*ed up... too much fuel or injectors arent compatible with the tune...

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
so it was fine before turbo and tune? maybe the tune is f*ed up... too much fuel or injectors arent compatible with the tune...

This, right here, is KEY! If it ran with FINE before the turbo/injector install, that means your TUNE is off. It may run GREAT while you're on it, but if it keeps dying while just cruising and @ idle, your tune is off. Try this: replace all 4 plugs (gap them to .030) and go make a WOT run. Shut the car off and pull the plugs. If one cylinder looks blacker than the rest, you could have a couple of issues. The biggest thing to check for, is possibly a stuck injector or 2. Also, the idle a/f mixture is possibly set WAY too rich.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm pretty sure it's the MSD that got fu*ked up, i say this because it idles and starts just fine. I'm having the shop look at it. thanks for your help guys!!!

·
FAMILY MEMBER #316
2,955 Posts
maybe #3 cylinder leaned out and helped the plug foul/fail. then, in order to fix it, your car was tuned richer than normal?

also, check timing and your solder connections...a cold solder joint can FUCK you even if it "looks" ok. if its not shiny, it can be a bad solder connection.

·
d-series Member
3,134 Posts
all told though, whatever it ends up being, i would NOT take it back to the same shop if possible. they should have seen the problem and told you or fixed it. instead they seemed to have just fudged over it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts