Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 civic
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a d16z6 thats sleeved has ycp low comp pistons eagle rods acl bearings and a stock crank everything is arp and a stock head. with intake manifold and a t3/t4 turbo with 3" turbo all the way back exhaust. and im on 20 psi. im woundering whats the max power i can get out of the engine. like on 7:5.1 comp ratio whats my max boost and perhaps horsepower i can run.

·
FYB or FIU tune, pick 1
95 Del Sol Si
560 Posts
disregard this "max boost" you seek, horsepower is what will break the motor, sleeved blocks open up a whole new ball game even if your on vitara's (no one is sure of what the vitara cast piston can handle yet). Id do major head work then get a very good fuel supply and aim for 500hp.

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
Saying you have a T3/T4 simply does not mean shit.
Max boost is the highest Pressure Ratio you can run before going off the map.
Max power is determined by how much boost you can run, how good your head/cam is, and how good your entire set-up is.

·
Well.......
2,488 Posts
get you a super 60 turbo or bigger, hell a gt35.... get a good cam, some head work and all the other good stuff, then push that thing till it blows then get back to us.. speedfactory got 600+ outta there vitara build...

·
Banned
My car...
1,875 Posts
get you a super 60 turbo or bigger, hell a gt35.... get a good cam, some head work and all the other good stuff, then push that thing till it blows then get back to us.. speedfactory got 600+ outta there vitara build...
Did you see the carnage picks from their sleeved block?
The block casting along the outside split.

JFK78 said:
As for the delayed update, we put the big valve head back on the sleeved/vitara block to see what change in power we would get. 1st pass off the trailer this happened @ 45psi in 4th gear:

She coasted to a 9.88 @ 144mph on her final pass. Pretty sweet, huh?!?
All the internals and sleeves are still perfect, the block casting just didn't hold together.

She'll be back with a new reinforced/sleeved/oringed block and the custom 76mm 10.6:1 c/r Arias pistons in a few months. Had to put it on the backburner for a while, too many other projects to attend to right now.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Sorry wrong thread......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts