Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just got my crx put back together yesterday and everything all buttoned up. I cranked it a few times to prime the turbo with oil, and then started the car... she started right up with no problems.. idled really good. I let it idle for a while then took it down the road. Well i get through first without getting on the throttle then im in second getting on it a little bit and it starts making boost, but around 5k the motor just shuts down and i get a check engine light. So i manage to get it back home and voila no blinks on the ECU light... wtf? So i guess it could be a million things. I just replaced the fuel pump with a walbro 255lph, and i have taken all the necessary fuel precautions. Only thing I can think of to do is check the main relay and then work from there on the wiring and voltage? Anyone else had a problem like this?

p.s. I checked and the car is getting spark, but the pump isnt priming like it should when the key is turned to ignition... boost felt soo good i want it back... help me get my baby started again. thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
dont you have a missing link? that could explain the check engine light, what code does the ecu throw?

T

·
0 Posts
Do you still need a missing link even if you have good management? I thought missing link was only if you were running a AF hack. Correct me if i'm wrong guys I'm a noob too! and wanna learn

O

·
0 Posts
post detailed info on your setup (fuel, ecu, and stuff) and what mods you have. we will start there.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Synapse Missing link, Vortech FMU 12:1, B&M FPR, Walbro 255lph, stock ecu, stock injectors, msd ignition(wires, 6al, blaster ss), I just cant belive something would just give out like that? And when I check the ECU to see what code its throwing.. its not flashing at all so I dont know whats wrong.

My plugs after checking were a little more grey to black than brown, but didnt have any detonation or signs that something wrong happened to the motor.

p.s. I'm gonna go buy a voltmeter thing and try to check everything soon, and hopefully it wont come down to the fuel pump cause I really dont wanna pull the tank out again. *sigh*

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
would that cuase the car to not start or the fuel pump to not prime? I kinda figured the car is running rich, but I wouldnt think thats the problem.

O

·
0 Posts
if your runnign too rich, the car won't start properly, and cause plugs to foul out fast wich means runs liek crap after a short while.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks. it seemed like it was running fine and then just lost power so I have no idea.. im thinking its the fuel, but i dunno.

O

·
0 Posts
sounds liek runnign rich and tune is off. I have the same issue as the weather has changed about 35 degrese here in the evening since my tune. (done at 92*) so I run pig rich and foul out plugs badly till I get retuned.

V

·
0 Posts
yeah sounds like your running rich to me. did it happen right after you hit boost? you gotta get that bitch tuned right!

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
you need to check the alternator/solenoid fuse under the dash board. mine has blown this on some fun trips into boost on occasion. its somehow controls the main relay :beer:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
every fuse is fine.. the motor turns over just doesnt start.. Im kinda thinking you might be right about the running rich and plugs fouling out. If the plugs are greyish-black that would mean they are fouled? I know I have a FMU and stuff, but is there anyway to lean it out some?

p.s. ya the motor did cut out right after I hit boost so.

·
Ferio inspired
2,441 Posts
boostREX said:
every fuse is fine.. the motor turns over just doesnt start..
are you sure did you actually pull it out and verify? running too rich would have no effect on the pump not turning on, pull your ecu out and make sure it has power, by looking that the light is on:beer:

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what do you mean the ecu has power? Are you refering to the red blinking light that you can see through the cover? That bulb isnt flashing, and yes I did pull every fuse on in both the underhood, and underdash fuse box and they are all fine.

p.s. Is the pump supposed to prime everytime you turn the car to ignition?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts