Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a z6 turboed car make a funny sound once it starts boosting sounds like a big ass air leak...but then again it just sounds like its spooling up but its extrmely loud...car is untuned as of now running 5-7 pound spring...any suggestions as to what it could be???

·
10 second daily driver :)
3,238 Posts
the difibulating gonkulater sounds like its outa wacka tad, do you own the proper tools to realign it? if not just try checking for leaks in all the joints and couplers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha ha very funny!and ive pretty sure ive went over all my couplers and tightened them and as far as i can tell i dont see it rips in any of them

·
Registered
214 Posts
i have a z6 turboed car make a funny sound once it starts boosting sounds like a big ass air leak...but then again it just sounds like its spooling up but its extrmely loud...car is untuned as of now running 5-7 pound spring...any suggestions as to what it could be???
could be a number of things, first i would check for leaks (i had one)...remove the air filter, at idle cover the inlet, the engine should die within a few seconds...if not, you will "hear" where the leak is coming from...just make sure your hand (or what ever you use) doesnt get sucked in...i had a glove (like mechanics glove, not a rubber love glove) on when i did mine...

or could be normal turbo spoolin noise...mine is really loud, but cool.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info..im thinking its just really loud and is supposed to be that way i dunno though im new to this turbo shit but kinda getting over it quick to.lol

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
im pretty sure that u have a open dumptube aswell... its gunna be loud

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
suggest getting it tuned. the noise could be a bunch of things. try to look for a leak, if none can be found... well you might have a bigger issue. bad turbo or possibly bad engine (since your not tuned).

GL.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts