Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing me a T25 turbo build and have just acquired the turbo. I bought it under the assumption that it needed a rebuild but now that I have it I don't know. There is no thrust play (in and out) and very little side to side. I measured with a dial indicator and the thrust was .001 while at the nut on compressor the side to side at it's max was .006.

The turbo is super clean and does not look to have been abused or anything like that. I can not find specs stating how much play is tolerable. It is a DSM T25 (I know it is super small) if that helps you guys out.

Before you start bashing on how stupid it is to run such a small turbo realize my goals are an instant and 200whp.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
like said before the seal can and most likely are blown on it if it was being sold as needing a rebuild. the play seems ok though

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not scared of rebuilding it I just do not want to unless it is needed. Oh well I guess. I guess I will just buy a cheap eBay rebuild kit and throw it together. Better safe then sorry and I would much rather do this once and be done.

Thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts