Honda D Series Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was goin thru some threads and saw that honda peeps are mountin turbos with the compressor facin either directions

direction 1

direction 2

i would like to know are they any drawbacks, or gains to mounting the turbo in either directions

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
If you set it up right you can do whatever you want. Some people even mount then facing forwards.

It really depends on the manifold and the turbo. with some combo's you can keep ac and ps and with others you might have to at least get rid of ac.

on the other end you still have to be able to feed the turbo air and shoot that air out somewhere, but that isn't quite as hard.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you set it up right you can do whatever you want. Some people even mount then facing forwards.

It really depends on the manifold and the turbo. with some combo's you can keep ac and ps and with others you might have to at least get rid of ac.

on the other end you still have to be able to feed the turbo air and shoot that air out somewhere, but that isn't quite as hard.
:rockon:

kool, i'm from jamaica and my cb3 is a rhd, and i want to keep my ac and ps
so i was think of mountin it facin my passenger side.......

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right, for instance the manifold I bought from Go Autoworks has it so the compressor is facing the transmission side. I would not be able to change that direction without getting a different manifold, downpipe and charge piping.
Is it specific only to the manifold, or can the turbo be clocked to have the feed and drain lines appropriately placed

·
BATSLOMAN GIVES NO FUCKS.
3,947 Posts
I thought someone on here said the turbo can face any direction that the exhaust would spin the turbine regardless due to the orientation of the fins.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought someone on here said the turbo can face any direction that the exhaust would spin the turbine regardless due to the orientation of the fins.
been searchin, but all i keep comin up is with pics

so hence the reason for this thread

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yardi!!

Yuh can put di turbo anyweh yuh want it fi guh. Most poeople put the exhaust pon di compressor side weh di ac deh. Mi nuh si no reason why yuh couldnt jus put it either way. Probly wouldah be more ideal if the downpipe deh weh di ac guh. Yu simi?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yardi!!

Yuh can put di turbo anyweh yuh want it fi guh. Most poeople put the exhaust pon di compressor side weh di ac deh. Mi nuh si no reason why yuh couldnt jus put it either way. Probly wouldah be more ideal if the downpipe deh weh di ac guh. Yu simi?

aight bless......
based on space restrictions den, me ago clock di turbo fi have the compressor on the ac side, so me can keep ac and ps

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Ya, you can put it any which way you want, it's just about getting it situated in the engine bay.

Yardi!!

dafuq?

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I bet it takes more effort to write like crap than it does to actually spell things correctly...

Most the time you can just reverse the direction that it bolts onto the manifold but I have seen some that you can't. You can clock all three sections of the turbo to get it aligned. Make sure your exhaust is made for the direction you want.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bet it takes more effort to write like crap than it does to actually spell things correctly...

Most the time you can just reverse the direction that it bolts onto the manifold but I have seen some that you can't. You can clock all three sections of the turbo to get it aligned. Make sure your exhaust is made for the direction you want.
its not writing like crap my fren.....

its patios (patwa) which is Jamaican......

Bless for in the placement info

·
Registered
838 Posts

LOL way to look like a dick.

OP good luck with the turbo setup! Check the classifieds to save a few bucks on the your setup good used parts on here to be found. And like stated before the compressor to the transmission is the way to go for AC installs.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL way to look like a dick.

OP good luck with the turbo setup! Check the classifieds to save a few bucks on the your setup good used parts on here to be found. And like stated before the compressor to the transmission is the way to go for AC installs.

i search them daily... sometimes.. its just to get the stuff to a fren r relative thats in the states, so they can take them down for me

1 - 20 of 25 Posts